Ion Mega Hold Freezing Spray
  • I've noticed that it really does give my hair a lot of shine too
  • I know that's a little more expensive than some of the brands you can get at the drug store, but it's not as much as some of the salon ones, and I think it's just as good as some of those I've used
  • If you're looking for a hairspray that really does freeze every hair in place I wouldn't recommend this

• by SilverMoon

Having had many different hair styles over the years I’ve used a lot of different hairsprays depending on how firm I wanted the hold to be. My hair is wavy, a bit fine, and right now almost to my waist. But I have long layers in it, bangs, and shorter layers through the top & sides.

Ion Mega Hold Freezing Spray works pretty well in holding the style and adding volume where I use a large curling iron around my face. My hair stays the way I want it, but it still looks natural and

has movement.

It also does a good job of keeping my hair from getting wild when it’s humid out. It seems to have a bit of a chemical type smell when spraying it, but that goes away, and changes to more of a clean smell.

I’ve had people tell me my hair smells good when I’ve used it. I’ve noticed that it really does give my hair a lot of shine too! It is a spray can, not a pump, and the spray goes on fine and it doesn’t get clogged up real easy.

It’s ...

• not as firm as some other sprays I’ve used that were a “freezingspray, so I wouldn’t use it for a style that I’d want every hair to stay exactly in place for a whole day or a special occasion. It seems to me more like some other sprays that are called medium hold.

A few good things about it not being very stiff is that it doesn’t have that “helmet head” feeling, it washes out easy, and it doesn’t flake the way some other firm hold sprays do. I buy Ion Mega Hold Freezing

Spray in a 12 ounce can at Sally Beauty Supply, and it’s around $8.

I know that’s a little more expensive than some of the brands you can get at the drug store, but it’s not as much as some of the salon ones, and I think it’s just as good as some of those I’ve used. If you’re looking for a hairspray that really does freeze every hair in place I wouldn’t recommend this.

But for a medium to firm hold spray that will help your hair look nice I think this is a pretty good buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312908814210731/k2311a0829/8.29.09