Maybelline XXL Curl Power Volume + Length Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I'd been using a different curl mascara that I wasn't real happy with, so I thought I'd try this one
  • The base coat makes my lashes longer and fuller and they definitely curl

• by SilverMoon

It seems like it’s been rare for me to buy the same kind of mascara more than once, but that hasn’t been true since I started using Maybelline XXL Curl Power Volume + Length Mascara a couple years ago. I first bought this mascara because I saw a commercial for it and it emphasized how much it would make lashes curl. I’d been using a different “curl” mascara that I wasn’t real happy with, so I thought I’d try this one.

My lashes are short, straight, and thin. The way Maybelline XXL Curl Power Volume +

Length Mascara is packaged is in a tube with a brush at either end.

In one end of the tube is a base coat that you apply first. The other end has the color topcoat.

When I put on the base coat the first few times I have a new one it seems a bit too thick, but I’ve started using an eyelash comb to get rid of the excess. After using it for about a week I don’t need to do this any more.

The base coat makes my lashes longer and fuller and they ...

• definitely curl! It looks kind of funny in the mirror with just the base coat on because it’s a whitish purple color, but when I put on the black color topcoat it becomes really clear how much thicker and curled the base coat has made my lashes. It never seems to clump up unless the base coat has been put on too thick.

At first it seemed like a bother to have to use two different things… the base coat then the topcoat… but I usually only need one coat of each, so it’s not really

different than other mascaras that need two coats. The brushes are curved, which makes it really easy to apply, especially on the outer corner lashes.

This mascara really does seem to stay on good for a long time with no flaking, but it isn’t waterproof, so any tears or water will make it smear. But that also makes it real easy to remove.

I plan on continuing to buy Maybelline XXL Curl Power Volume + Length Mascara. I might try a different one if it sounds like it’d be better, but at this point I doubt if any will be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312908814180731/k2311a0829/8.29.09