Southland Cigar and Dry Cleaning  » Business  »
9737 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • I inquired as to the prices, and they were cheaper than any place I have ever been to, with the shirts, pants and skirts being $2-4, and the sport jacket being only $5, which was shockingly inexpensive, in my experience
  • I paid and thanked her, still fearful, and as soon as I got to the car, I tore off the plastic and looked

• by Jessie Bahrey

When I was looking for a place near my apartment to get some dry cleaning done, I almost completely missed Southland Cigar and Dry Cleaning, even though it was in the strip mall that I walk or drive past every day. I almost missed it because the sign at the front of the store has ‘Southland Cigar’ in much bigger letters than ‘Dry Cleaning,’ so until someone pointed out to me that this store did dry-cleaning too, I didn’t try it out. When I finally had someone point this out to me, I had accumulated quite a few blouses, skirts, pants and dresses, as

well as one of my husband’s sport jackets that needed cleaning. Given that this store sold candy, magazines, cigarettes, and cigars, I was a bit concerned about the quality of this service, but I didn’t have time to go anywhere else, so I walked in with a pile of clothes.

The store employee behind the counter calmly took my clothes, wrote out the ticket, and handed it to me without pricing anything or asking for money. I inquired as to the prices, and they were cheaper than any place I have ever been to, with the shirts, pants and skirts being $2-4, and the sport ...

• jacket being only $5, which was shockingly inexpensive, in my experience. He told me it would be ready that evening or the next morning, and again, this was far quicker than I had experienced. After I left the store, after purchasing water and candy, I began to worry that the prices and time it took were just a little too good and I began to have visions of my clothes being ruined.

That evening, with some trepidation, I went back to the store and handed my ticket to the woman behind the counter. She quickly found the clothes on the swinging rack, and handed

them to me and gave me the bill, which was ridiculously cheap. I paid and thanked her, still fearful, and as soon as I got to the car, I tore off the plastic and looked. Everything was perfectly clean and pressed. I needn’t have worried.

Since that time, I have used Southland Cigar and Dry Cleaning on several occasions, and the price and quality of service is equal to any other place I have tried, but for much cheaper and done quicker. I have also been in for other necessities like water or candy or stamps, and the customer service is always pleasant and efficient.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412908814020731/k2311a0829/8.29.09