Elmex & Aronal - toothpastes by the GABA-group  » Health  »
Europe especially in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
  • The price for the toothpastes in set is about 4 to 5€ ($5.70 to $7.20) and I am not really sure if you can describe it as cheap or expensive but as it is established brand in Europe, compared to other normal toothpastes I would consider it as expensive
  • Aronal has a blue colour and Elmex a red one that makes it easier to differentiate as well I think
  • I noticed that with other toothpastes which had a quite strong flavour but didn't help at all
  • I would recommend those toothpastes to everyone who has kind of soft teeth as well

• by Doci

Elmex and Aronal are toothpastes which usually have to be bought in a set because both toothpastes have a different effect on your teeth.

Both toothpastes were developed by the GABA-group - a company from Switzerland which specialised on health and mouth care products.

The price for the toothpastes in set is about 4 to 5€ ($5.70 to $7.20) and I am not really sure if you can describe it as cheap or expensive but as it is established brand in Europe, compared to other normal toothpastes I would consider it as expensive.

The design of both is quite simple. Aronal

has a blue colour and Elmex a red one that makes it easier to differentiate as well I think. However I also guess it wouldn’t make a big difference even if you mistake one of them for another one.

As for the usage, Aronal should be used in the morning since it should protect your gingival for the whole day and removes the plaque, which might be really true because, since I use Aronal I don’t have gingival problems anymore either and consider it as a good thing.

It follows that you use Elmex in the evening then, since it should ...

• protect you from caries. This seems to work as well like it is written on the package.

I feel that there is a protective layer on my teeth when I go to bed. However in the morning this protective layer is gone most of the time which doesn’t make the toothpaste worse because I think it’s a normal behaviour and we should clean our teeth in the morning again anyway.

Since I was blessed with quite bad teeth, I have the feeling that at least booth toothpastes don’t make my teeth worse. I noticed that with other toothpastes which had a

quite strong flavour but didn’t help at all. As for Elmex and Aronal they have a white colour and give you also a fresh feeling, which isn’t really too strong. I would rather say it’s really mild. That’s what I like a lot too.

I would recommend those toothpastes to everyone who has kind of soft teeth as well. It deserved a try. I would also recommend those both toothpastes to children because there is also a special Elmex and Aronal edition for children.

And even if you won’t try them out, I will continue using them as I do it already for some months.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342908813900631/k2311a0829/8.29.09