Acer Aspire Laptop  » Laptops  »
2.5
  • This review will cover the Acer 5315-2326 Aspire laptop computer, my sentiments and experience
  • I purchased this machine in August of 2008 at a Wal Mart for around $500 and I don’t want to get all serious about details with the price because this review is not about cost
  • Nothing fancy but I thought it was something when I bought it because I never had anything of the like before
  • I’m began to get discouraged as time went on when problem after problem would crop up and it would take me days or weeks to get the machine to run again
  • Now, I can most certainly get very detailed about the problems I’ve had on my Acer 5315 laptop as I still have all the recorded data that I had to keep submitting to the customer support personnel but I believe that would bore to death all but the hardware geeks so I’ll defer

• by Dane

This review will cover the Acer 5315-2326 Aspire laptop computer, my sentiments and experience. I purchased this machine in August of 2008 at a Wal Mart for around $500 and I don’t want to get all serious about details with the price because this review is not about cost. This is about a laptop computer with a single CPU, 1 gig of main memory, 1.6 GHz clock and a 533 FSB, 15.4” screen, CD ROM drive and wireless LAN. Nothing fancy but I thought it was something when I bought it because I never had anything of the like before. Like a bumpkin. I’m began to get discouraged as time went on when problem after problem would crop up and it would take me days or weeks to get the machine to run again. Many times I had to completely reload the operating system, Windows Vista Home Basic, and all the applications software from scratch. Eventually I was forced to have a number of chit chats with Acer support personnel via email and phone and then other manufacturers as well as Acer pointed out the clear probability that the ball was not all in their court. Ahem.

I mentioned the scant hardware info in the first paragraph as a basis for those who might want to get some kind of picture as to what this machine is capable of. But for those of you who

don’t know a gigabyte from a megabyte and could care less let me say instead that I’ve put over $1000 worth of hardware and software into this Acer laptop computer, that’s in addition to the initial cost, and I honestly believe if I did not get a desperate wake-up call I would have kept shoving more money into this little beast until I was flat broke. But my beloved Acer laptop computer decided to completely disallow itself from being used once again, just before I had a final in two of my college courses, and I was forced to go out and buy another computer and found out that a computer does not have to be continually bound up with one problem after another at the sufferance of the user.

Before I mention what I went out and bought I think it best if I elucidate what kind of problems I kept having with my beloved Acer laptop. N’est pas? I had Microsoft Office 2007 Student loaded, and McAfee Total Protection (Anti Virus), Microsoft Streets & Trips 2000, and a few games. Nothing exotic. I wanted the laptop to engage in business mainly with the thought of upgrading to a more powerful computer as soon as I found a wellspring of success in my endeavors. At the onset of trouble my computer would always begin to slow down, that is any application that was running ...

• took an inordinately longer period of time to accomplish the same task which it had done hundreds of times already and had no need of any learning curve to get the job done. This type of beginning usually led to most of the programs on my beloved Acer laptop being disabled by something which will probably remain forever unknown to me. I went through weeks of troubleshooting, buying books, asking in forums online, bugging the support personnel of several companies, and grasping at any straw which stuck up in the hope of making sense out of the inanity. I never found lasting peace.

With the latest installment of lunatic fringe behavior exhibited by my Acer machine I was forced to get a machine to get my schoolwork done or face the fact that I put down $4400 on two classes for nothing. I went out and bought a Compaq CQ60-410US Presario for almost $200 less that I paid for my beloved Acer and it is for the most part and equivalent machine having very similar hardware yet came installed with Windows Home Premium operating system. I love this jewel because it actually works – all the time – and I can concentrate in getting my schoolwork done and my business applications as well with no tawdry computer engineering periods in between uses. Now, I can most certainly get very detailed about the problems I’ve

had on my Acer 5315 laptop as I still have all the recorded data that I had to keep submitting to the customer support personnel but I believe that would bore to death all but the hardware geeks so I’ll defer.

Whilst beleaguered with computer trauma and travail I had a disconcerting vision about customer support personnel and it was about the ethos that customer support personnel held sacrosanct. I always believed, in my naiveté, that what customer support personnel meant was that if a person was a customer he could get support from the customer support personnel. What I discovered was that I needed support personnel to help me deal with the customer support personnel who it seemed to me were continually expanding the realm of possibilities that could delineate the sphere of the problem, ad nauseum, almost as if they wanted me to throw up my hands in exasperation and quit the questions. But that I suppose is for another review on another day.

In the mean time I would give anyone out there in cyber land a warning to stay away from the Acer 5315-2326 Aspire laptop and go get a Compaq Presario CQ 60 instead, or even an abacus. If you have to have an Acer 5315-2325 Aspire laptop though shoot in a comment on my review, if it gets published, and let me know and I’d be more than happy to sell you mine!

Acer Aspire Laptop

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632908813890631/k2311a0829/8.29.09