Orlando FL Disney World  » Entertainment  »
Orlando, Florida
  • There were several things that impressed me about Disney World
  • First, the entire group enjoyed themselves all day, in spite of a large age span and different interests
  • Third, the positive attitudes of all of the employees were great, helping to make the entire experience one to remember with fondness
  • The gallery in the front of the building contained a lot of interesting memorabilia and paintings
  • I have to say that, even though the cost of the park is high, it is worth it

• by jolocol

Where can you take your family at ten in the morning and have to drag them away over twelve hours later? Try Disney World near Orlando, Florida. This last July, part of our family, including a five year old, six year old, three thirty-something’s and two fifty-something’s, all went to the magical land together. What an adventure!

We had to decide which of the four amusement parks we wanted to go to but it wasn’t much of a choice. The two children with us were girls and one theme park featured Cinderella’s Castle. We head straight for the Magic Kingdom.

We parked our cars and boarded a parking lot tram. Disney World is about a mile away from the parking lot. The tram drove us up next to

the ticket area.

First, we appreciated the fact that they honored the daddy in the group with a special pass because he is a Navy man. You especially notice such actions when it affects those you love.

After buying our tickets at a fairly steep price, we headed over to the man-made lagoon where we took a short “cruise” on a paddleboat that floated us over to the amusement park. We could have chosen the monorail but the little girls were up for a ferry ride.

Disembarking from the ride, we had to produce our tickets. Then friendly Disney folks who were making sure the park was safe for everyone checked our bags.

There were several things that impressed me about Disney World. First, the entire group enjoyed themselves all day, in spite ...

• of a large age span and different interests. From the colorful parades to the Disney-like rides, everyone found something to enjoy. Second, I was amazed that the food in Disney World was so reasonable priced. I had really expected to wish I had brought food with me, but we ate well and didn’t pay that high of a price. Third, the positive attitudes of all of the employees were great, helping to make the entire experience one to remember with fondness.

A favorite of everyone was the 3-D experience offered by Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Fantasyland. Going in, the little girls weren’t sure they wanted to see it, but going out they wanted to see it again. At the same time, the adults loved it.

The history lovers

enjoyed The Hall of Presidents. Even the six year old recognized George Washington! The gallery in the front of the building contained a lot of interesting memorabilia and paintings.

While the Pirates of the Caribbean was enjoyable, the Jungle Cruise was fantastic. Our guide, fresh from Australia (or so he said) did a great job entertaining us as we wove through the river amongst the wild animals and natives. Bringing us back safely to shore, we were off to enjoy the rest of the park.

I have to say that, even though the cost of the park is high, it is worth it. The free firework shows, the parades, the festive activities let everyone be a kid again for the day. Disney World was a definite highlight of my summer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592908813790631/k2311a0829/8.29.09