Off! Unscented Mosquito Repellant with Aloe Vera  » Health  »
0.5
  • Insecticides are not my favorite product, unfortunately during the spring and summer months I am always looking to find a bug spray that is not only safe for all of my family, but one that works as well as the product label says it does
  • Generally speaking, I can go grocery shopping with coupon and buy a personal repellant for a decent price, but this one claimed to be unscented so I thought I would give it a try without a coupon in hand
  • This seems to be the case with most people, however, I found that Off
  • The only thing I found to be interesting about Off

• by Sharon Flannagan

Insecticides are not my favorite product, unfortunately during the spring and summer months I am always looking to find a bug spray that is not only safe for all of my family, but one that works as well as the product label says it does.

Off! Unscented Mosquito Repellant with Aloe Vera is an SC Johnson product so I was comfortable knowing the standards producing this product were up to par, however, the effectiveness was less than acceptable. Generally speaking,

I can go grocery shopping with coupon and buy a personal repellant for a decent price, but this one claimed to be unscented so I thought I would give it a try without a coupon in hand. The unscented label is a misnomer for starters, although it is not so unpleasant or overpowering that it will interfere with your favorite body spray or cologne. What is didn’t do though, is keep the mosquitoes away!

One brand of repellant is often enough ...

• to provide protection for most of my family, while I need to buy one a little stronger for myself. This seems to be the case with most people, however, I found that Off! Unscented Mosquito Repellant with Aloe Vera didn’t provide any more than 20 or 30 minutes protection for anyone in my family, and as pumps spray bottles usually do, this one began to dribble down my wrist toward my elbow after the third use.

The only thing I found

to be interesting about Off! Unscented Mosquito Repellant with Aloe Vera is that the aloe vera left my skin feeling soft and smooth, unlike other insect sprays that cause the skin to feel dry and somewhat irritated after a couple of uses. Seeing that nobody in our home got the benefit of protection for even one night from Off! Unscented Mosquito Repellant with Aloe Vera, I will not be purchasing it again, and I will not be recommending it to anyone else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342908813750631/k2311a0829/8.29.09