Benson KOA  » Travel  »
Benson, Arizona
  • All in all, it was a great evening and I would definitely go there to camp again

• by jolocol

Pulling into the Benson, Arizona KOA, my husband and are were unimpressed and uncertain if we really wanted to camp there for the night. It looked like it was in need of maintenance like paint and a little fix-up here and there but we decided to stay.

We had decided that we would buy a KOA Rewards Kard at the first place we stayed. That card saved us an immediate 10% off of the $28.00 fee. With the camp host in the lead, we then drove to our campsite. Over the night, we discovered that, what had appeared to

be a little shabby became a diamond in the rough.

Our spot was around the corner and afforded a little privacy. We were across from the tent sites. Because it is so hot here, they have covered the tent sites with awnings. This helps in the sun and in the rain.

After plugging our electrical cord into our teardrop trailer, we grabbed our suits and headed for the pool. The solar heated pool was well maintained and, to me, a perfect temperature. Because other guests did not come until later, we had a private pool. Open from ten to dark, the ...

• pool was totally refreshing, as was the Jacuzzi.

Benson KOA has an amenity I’ve never found at another KOA before - an outdoor, electrical kitchen, complete with stove and sink. It had a little three-sided structure around it. A bottle of dish soap had been left there for our use. We cooked our meal there, saving a little propane and the hassle of getting out our own stove, setting up, cooking, cleaning, and repacking. It started raining while we were cooking our dinner, another reason we were thankful for this little kitchen. When it was finished, we ate our meal at an

outside picnic table that had been covered with an awning that several as a roof over our heads. It kept off all but a few drops of the steadily falling rain.

After eating, we headed to the showers. They were warm and had great water pressure - something important to me at a camp. They were clean and well maintained.

The camp hosts, like almost all KOA camp hosts, were congenial and helpful. We were able to buy ice for our cooler on the premises. All in all, it was a great evening and I would definitely go there to camp again.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382908813740631/k2311a0829/8.29.09