Alex Parks-Introduction
  • What an introduction to her amazing talent it is too
  • One of the best tracks on the album for me is one that Alex co-wrote herself, ‘Cry’
  • This was the second song released from this album as a single and I can see why Alex and her team chose this track, it was really successful and I still love it today, I know many other people do too, I’d really recommend having a listen to this song if you haven’t heard it yet because it’s brilliant
  • It is a cover of the massive ballad from Christina Aguilera and in my opinion, so much better than the original
  • So give this album a chance, you won’t regret it

• by zoeeb

Alex Parks is the feisty female solo artist from a tiny village in Cornwall who went on to become the winner of Fame Academy 2003. In the same year she released her fantastic debut album ‘Introduction’. What an introduction to her amazing talent it is too! This girl has one hell of a voice and this album really shows off her talent.

It’s such a shame that you don’t really hear much about her these days but I really hope she comes back fighting with a new album soon because she could do wonders for today’s music scene! Although this album is mostly covers, there are a few hidden gems of her own work thrown in there too that are really worth listening to. One of the best tracks on the album for me is one that Alex co-wrote herself, ‘Cry’.

It’s just such an amazing track,

it’s a tear jerker to be fair but the lyrics are brilliantly written and on such a personal level. The other good thing about this track is that it really shows off Alex’s vocal range.

This was the second song released from this album as a single and I can see why Alex and her team chose this track, it was really successful and I still love it today, I know many other people do too, I’d really recommend having a listen to this song if you haven’t heard it yet because it’s brilliant. The next track to mention is ‘Beautiful’.

It is a cover of the massive ballad from Christina Aguilera and in my opinion, so much better than the original. Alex has definitely put her of spin on this track but it’s a major improvement, she makes it so much more personal and emotional, it’s ...

• outstanding.

I’ve heard people complain that there are too many tracks on this album but for me, every cover that Alex has put on this album is a lot better than the original versions, all of them are showing Alex’s vocal range and just sound so brilliant. This is one of the best covers on the album for me, again really worth a listen if you get a chance because it will be worth it.

The last track for me to mention is ‘Wandering Soul’. There is something amazing about this track and I still to this day cant put my finger on exactly what it is! This track shows the more ‘rock-chick’ side of Alex that we saw on many occasions on the Fame Academy shows.

It’s one of the most original songs I’ve eve heard from a female solo artist and again, one that Alex

helped write herself. I love the way that it builds up into an explosive chorus, her voice blends really well with the rock sounding guitar which was a surprise because I honestly didn’t think that it would! If you like rock chocks then this song is a must own.

At least give it a chance. As with the last track, just give this album and artist a chance because she is one talented lady! I think the fact that she came from a reality TV show overshadowed her talent somewhat but people need to give her a break! If it wasn’t for these reality talent contests then so many artists wouldn’t be churning out hit after hit today! It’s such a shame because Alex Parks is one of the only artists from such shows that really does have a natural talent! So give this album a chance, you won’t regret it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142908813720631/k2311a0829/8.29.09