Evony  » Games  »
  • I compared my initial experience to a “sim-city” like environment but soon found that it was much much more
  • But the best part is recruiting your army consisting of workers, warriors, scouts, pikemen, swordsmen, archers, and cavalry

• by pie.foot

“Evony: Age 1” is an online gaming community like no other. I compared my initial experience to a “sim-city” like environment but soon found that it was much much more. The setting is in midievel times and your city starts out as a small village. You are initially provided enough provisions to start your village and a 7-day beginner’s protection period. The rest is up to you.

You build your village into a city, recruit and appoint a mayor. Set up your farms, sawmills, rock quarries, and iron mines to provide the resources necessary to survive and grow. Build and fortify your walls. But the best part is recruiting

your army consisting of workers, warriors, scouts, pikemen, swordsmen, archers, and cavalry.

When you’ve developed your research and facilities to a sufficient level, you can add some heavy artillery like battering rams and catapults to you arsenal. Once the beginner’s protection runs out, you are free to plunder other villages and cities or be plundered yourself. Join an alliance of other players with similar interests or host one of your own. You control your own destiny.

But the fun doesn’t stop there. You receive promotions and acquire title allowing you to expand and control up to as many as ten cities. I appreciate that I can sign in and ...

• spend some time developing, plundering, and visiting with my friends in the alliance. When I need to be somewhere else, I can close the browser and take care of business.

My cities and armies continue in real time as if I had never left. The makers of Evony are a great bunch folks, willing to listen to suggestions and ideas to make improvements. They obviously put some thought into this game. The more I play, the harder it is to put it down.

As of this review, you are provided with the option to log in on one of fifty-eight servers. I haven’t done so myself, but if I

fail completely and want to start over, I can simply logon to a different server and do just that. I even have the initial 7-day beginner’s protection again. I highly recommend this game.

Don’t just take my word for it. Check it out for yourself. I am Lord Chester on Server 34. I belong to the SithLord alliance.

We are a close knit group that will support our members and allies. I am not free to discuss our defense or attack strategies outside the alliance. Doing so would be inappropriate. Rather, I would encourage you to set up your account and give it a try for yourself.

Visit Evony: Age 1 at www. evony. com.

Evony

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282808813320131/k2311a0828/8.28.09