Zyprexa  » Medicine  »
1.5
  • It was my understanding from past experience and talking to my doctor that it can take some time for a new medication to settle, so I continued with my prescription for two weeks

• by karmageddon

I was prescribed Zyprexa for depression and anxiety by my doctor making it one of the many medications I have tried to find the right one for me. Zyprexa was not it.

My first impression was that I immediately began to get tired to the point where I could not stay awake. I felt as if I was in a haze during these few hours and again after I woke up. I could not remember falling asleep and when I woke

up I did not feel rested at all (not that I was tired in the first instance until after I took the tablet).

It was my understanding from past experience and talking to my doctor that it can take some time for a new medication to settle, so I continued with my prescription for two weeks.

Realizing that Zyprexa made me so tired I began to take it quite late in the evening after 10pm hoping that this would help me ...

• to sleep without being too imposing. This did not really help me and it got to the point where I was sleeping 12 to 14 hours a day regardless of the fact that I have always slept for 8 hours. Into the second week I began to have strange dreams. When I was awake I had difficulty focusing on anything for more than a few minutes. I also increasingly lost my appetite to the point where I did not want
        to eat anything.

I did not experience any sort of euphoric effect or really feel that I was ‘down’ either, I just felt as if I had gone blank for the time I was on Zyprexa.

Based on my experience and the general information about Zyprexa being used for the treatment of bipolar disorder it is quite strong and invasive and should possibly not be used for people who have clincal depression as a first option while less strong acting medications have not been tried.

Zyprexa

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262808813310131/k2311a0828/8.28.09