Comcast digital cable service  » Business  »
2.0
  • We called comcast on Friday and spoke about which package plan would be the best for me
  • I think I should have pushed further, because I still do not understand to this day why it couldn't be put into the living room
  • I don't believe there is any issue with putting two connections in one room
  • I believe he had ran it and didn't want to fix it and that is why he convinced me of this
  • She made small conversation while we were trying to figure out what the problem was

• by hmm

We recently moved from NJ to Florida and have switched our carriers from cablevision to Comcast in doing so. We called comcast on Friday and spoke about which package plan would be the best for me. We got the basic package with HBO add on (it’s all about True Blood). They told me that a installation person would be there sometime between 10 and 2 on Tuesday. Tuesday arrived and at 1:45 I received a phone call that the installation man would be running a little bit late.

That is fine I am glad they called and they didn’t re-schedule for a different day. So the installer arrived around 3 and we had specified we wanted a DVR box in the living room a regular cable box in our room and to have the internet set up. He looked around the house and told me he would have to go into the attic. He rewired our place then asked where I

wanted the computer connection….

I said the living room. He proceeded to tell me that it was impossible to put it into the living room and that we would have to pick one of the girls bedrooms to put it in. Okay I have a three year old and a two year old (neither needs the connection in their bedroom. I think I should have pushed further, because I still do not understand to this day why it couldn’t be put into the living room.

The cable runs out of the living room. I don’t believe there is any issue with putting two connections in one room. I believe he had ran it and didn’t want to fix it and that is why he convinced me of this. Anyway immediately after he left, I realized that my on demand service wasn’t working.

I called customer service (left on hold for more than 25 minutes) and they told me that ...

• they would have to send the service tech out in 3 days. Okay I have had service for 20 minutes and it needs to be fixed already? I then explained to her that it was both of my cable boxes didn’t have on demand and maybe it had nothing to do with anything on my end, maybe it was on end. (I had something similar happen with cablevision) She got very defensive and said there was no possible way it could happen on her end and that I had no choice but to schedule another appointment. I contemplated ending our Comcast relationship at this point, but just decided to hang up instead.

I didn’t want to waste another full day at home waiting for a tech. Then I looked at my t. v. and decided that I need to call them back and see if we could arrange a time which was convenient for both of us.

This time I was

on hold for 20 minutes, thank gosh for speakerphone! The customer service rep came on and she was really nice and helpful. She made small conversation while we were trying to figure out what the problem was. Then she figured out that the payperview service was never turned on, and she could fix that easily. She fixed the cable and instantly we had our ondemand back.

My thought with all of this, is Comcast needs to train their reps more. I asked the tech many times why the computer could not be run into the living room. Every time I asked he made me feel like I was foolish and I didn’t know anything. The first phone rep should have been trained better considering I knew that it had something on their end and not mine, and she didn’t.

The 2nd phone rep renewed my faith in Comcast, that maybe I just got a few bad apples in the bunch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412808812641231/k2311a0828/8.28.09