Comodo AV/FW software  » Software  »
  • What is the best free AV/FW software on the market

• by William Wevers

What is the best free AV/FW software on the market? In my opinion as well as others the best free AV/FW software out there is Comodo. What all does Comodo include? Comodo is a firewall an anti-virus program as well as it has a program called Defense+ built into is as well. As well Comodo has other features as well. Like it gives you the ability

to stealth all of your ports so that hackers can’t find a way into your computer.

Now when comes to the firewall I have as yet come across anyone who can get past my firewall. The way it works is that when someone tries to connect to my computer a message pops up that tells me that someone is trying to connect to my computer and ...

• gives me the option to block it or let it through.

I also am a part of Comodo’s Threatcast community. Which tells me how many people have accepted the connection and how many people have blocked the connection. Now as far as the anti-virus Comodo has picked up every virus that has come into my computer. When it comes to settings for the anti-virus software I

have mine set to on access which at that setting it detects the virus as soon as it enters the computer.

Now as far as cons goes I have found only one con and that is all the pop-ups. Sometimes pop-ups happen only once in a while and sometimes they happen all the time. Particularly when defense plus is learning which applications are safe and which ones are not safe.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 302808812581231/k2311a0828/8.28.09