Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies - Raspberry
2.5
  • All I saw was the brown of the chocolate, but you definitely taste that raspberry in every bite of the cookie
  • It wasn't bad, but I don't like that berry taste in foods like this
  • It's not for me, but that's because I like my chocolate straight

• by Orrymain

My purchase of Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies - Raspberry was quite by accident. I had someone helping me with my shopping, and I directed them to pick up the Milanos I had pointed to. I normally get the milk chocolate variety. In all honesty, I didn’t even know the Milanos came in other options. I discovered that they indeed did a couple of weeks

later when I finally opened the package to enjoy. I didn’t actually study the package. I just opened it and bit into the Milano.

“What is this?” I thought almost immediately. “Boy, the chocolate has changed. It’s really weird.”

I couldn’t figure it out until I took a closer look at the package and saw that it was Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies - Raspberry.

“Raspberry?

• Oh, yeah, that’s what that was.”

It made sense at that point. I finished off the one cookie, and it was okay, but it just didn’t make me smile and sigh the way a regular milk chocolate Milano does, so I returned the package to the grocery store, which was kind enough to accept the opened, less-one-cookie package and replace it with my usual purchase.

For folks who love

that raspberry taste, they would probably enjoy these. It is subtle. There isn’t a big raspberry rim oozing out. All I saw was the brown of the chocolate, but you definitely taste that raspberry in every bite of the cookie. It wasn’t bad, but I don’t like that berry taste in foods like this.

It’s not for me, but that’s because I like my chocolate straight.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272708812160231/k2311a0827/8.27.09