In th e Valley of Elah  » Movies  »
  • Nevertheless, I decided to watch the movie one day when absolutely nothing else worth watching was going on on cable television
  • WHen watching the movie, even though I thought it was a great film I did have several problems with it
  • I think that they were improperly cast into their roles
  • One of these actors is Tommy Lee Jones, who I don't think brought his character as strongly across as another actor could have
  • I would recommend this movie to those who like good drama films

• by Redtape

I delayed watching the movie “In the Valley of Elah” for some time because I figured that since it had a lot of A-list actors in it, it might not be a very good movie. Nevertheless, I decided to watch the movie one day when absolutely nothing else worth watching was going on on cable television. The result was that I actually ended up liking it and thinking that it was one of the actor Tommy Lee Jones’ best recent movies. I wouldn’t really call it a suspense film

though, since some people, after reading the plot might think that the movie might be a suspense. However, it is more of a drama film which focuses on the emotional side of a dramatic situation such as that.

WHen watching the movie, even though I thought it was a great film I did have several problems with it. The first was that I thought that even though some of the actors in the film were very good. I think that they were improperly cast into their roles. One of ...

• these actors is Tommy Lee Jones, who I don’t think brought his character as strongly across as another actor could have. He generally does not play parts like these, and I think that even though he is a very experienced actor, the movie needed another who could be more emotive.

The movie “In the Valley of Elah” is basically about the mental effect of war on soldiers fighting in Iraq, and how post tramatic stress affects their behaviour. This is evident in the main plot where a father searches

for his son who goes missing after the son returns from Iraq. The son’s body is found later suggesting a very brutal murder and when investigations progress it is found that other soldiers who were in the son’s platoon killed him as a result of what seems like post tramatic stress disorder.

I would recommend this movie to those who like good drama films. It is a heartbreaking story actually which I think educated me on just how bad post traumatic stress affects soldiers who have come from Iraq.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112708812040231/k2311a0827/8.27.09