Frontline Top Spot for Dogs  » Pets  »
  • The only problem I have with this product is that it lacks an IGR chemical
  • In my opinion, this is a small price to pay for not having to deal with the hassle of removing an established flea infestation from the home

• by MellowYellow

Frontline Top Spot is a pet medicine that can be obtained from your veterinarian, or online at marketplaces such as Amazon. The purpose of Frontline Top Spot is to eliminate fleas, ticks and chewing lice from your pet. This review is about Frontline Top Spot for Dogs, and I have used the orange package (for dogs 0-22 pounds) to form my opinions.

Frontline Top Spot uses Fipronil as an active ingredient. It is distibuted through the pet’s haircoat via the oil glands. When the product spreads through the haircoat, the pets then become “fuzzy exterminators.” Any flea or tick that comes in contact with the haircoat or bites the pet will die, ideally before they have the chance to lay eggs.

The effectiveness of this product in my home has been through the roof. My

two chihuahuas tend to pick up whatever bugs or diseases are going around, and have picked up fleas a few times. Because my dogs are on the Frontline, the fleas do not have a chance to reproduce before they are dealt swift justice by the medication. I cannot count the number of times when I have found a dead flea in the dog’s bed or blanket, proving that the Frontline is working even when I don’t notice my dog scratching!

The only problem I have with this product is that it lacks an IGR chemical. IGR chemicals (insect growth regulators) break the life cycle of the fleas and ticks. I can only imagine that Frontline Plus might be more effective in the case of already established infestations, as it has an IGR. I ...

• have found the Top Spot to be very effective in the prevention of infestation! Another thing that is slightly annoying is that this product will only kill fleas that can hop on your pet, leaving the eggs and larvae to continue their development in your carpets, furniture, etc. The Frontline will kill the fleas once they are able to jump on the pet, but in the interest of cleanliness and keeping your pet from being miserable, it is still a good idea to clean up the house by vacuuming, laundering pet beds and blankets, etc.

The value of this product is also extraordinary. I have found that I can pay upwards of 15 dollars a dose at my veterinarians, but when purchased online, one can find it for as little as 6-10 dollars a dose. One

dose (applied to the pet’s haircoat as per instructions) lasts for one month. In my opinion, this is a small price to pay for not having to deal with the hassle of removing an established flea infestation from the home. Another great thing about this product is that it takes a while to expire, so you can purchase in bulk and save more money. For my two dogs (both under 22 lbs.), I buy a 12 pack, and that lasts 6 months. It is a much better value than buying a three pack!

Overall, my opinion of this product is high. It does what it says it does, it gets rid of the fleas and ticks, and it saves me from doing loads of laundry and tons of vacuuming, and that is worth every penny!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292708811910231/k2311a0827/8.27.09