The Pentax K2000 Digital SLR camera
  • This is a great camera for someone just getting into photography, or someone with a little more experience who is looking for a reasonably priced alternative to a high end digital SLR

• by fennelfoot

Being somewhat of a photo-hound, but not having pursued the hobby in a number of years, I made the decision to look into buying a new digital camera to shoot on in place of my old Minolta 35mm. I knew I wanted a digital SLR, because I find it hard to go back to point and shoot cameras after having so much creative control with an SLR.

Taking a leap into the age of digital photography, I was

skeptical at first. I wasn’t sure that the clarity I wanted could be obtained with a digital camera, although I had seen some really impressive examples from a friend’s Cannon.

I started my search, comparing and contrasting several different models of entry-level SLRs and finally decided on the Pentax K200 after finding out that it offered a camera with higher megapixel capability at a lower price and the added bonus of having the auto/manual focus button ...

• on the body of the camera rather than having a motorized lens. This was a huge selling point for me and if you’ve ever priced digital SLR lenses, you’ll know why.

The Pentax K2000 is compatible with older Pentax models when it comes to lenses, meaning you can buy lenses for this camera much cheaper than your Cannon or Nikon contemporaries.

The picture quality I’m getting from this camera is astonishing. You can use it to

count the hairs on your dog is you want. The camera is intuitive and easy to use, with built in flash, numerous programmed and manual settings, and a clear view screen for easy deletion of pictures if you wish.

This is a great camera for someone just getting into photography, or someone with a little more experience who is looking for a reasonably priced alternative to a high end digital SLR. Two thumbs way up from me!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432708811750231/k2311a0827/8.27.09