Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Chase  » TV  »
  • Oh well, just a little oddity that I sometimes consider when I watch this episode
  • I will not spoil the ending, but it is an interesting concept that I do wish would have been followed up on some way in a future episode
  • All in all, this is one of the show's more enjoyable episode's that I like to watch on occasion

• by GenesisOne

Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Chase is an episode from the sixth season that is really very fast-paced. It does not slow down for much, as the title suggests! In this episode, Picard’s archaeology professor comes on board and invites him along on an exciting journey, but Picard turns him down due to his responsibilities as a starship captain.

This disappoints the professor immensely.

The professor then embarks on the journey by himself after leaving on a bitter note, only

to end up being attacked and killed a little later.

Picard decides then to take up his professor’s quest and as they begin piecing together the puzzle, the Enterprise crew begin to unravel one of the universe’s greatest mysteries.

Along the way, the Cardassians, Klingons and Romulans all show up, making this a rather fun and intriguing episode as uneasy truces are formed, clues are uncovered, leads are followed, betrayal emerges and there is even some ship to ship combat! I do ...

• wish that though the planet at the end of this episode looked a little more real.

To me, its appearance just was not convincing and that sort of hampered my enjoyment of this episode a little.

It also seems odd how practically every time the Enterprise gets shot at, the enemy goes for the starboard nacelle.

Oh well, just a little oddity that I sometimes consider when I watch this episode.

I will not spoil the ending, but it is an interesting

concept that I do wish would have been followed up on some way in a future episode.

Interestingly how something so significant is, to my knowledge, never mentioned or explored again in Star Trek.

I also like how meaningful the conversation between Picard and the Romulan captain is at the end, despite being short.

Sometimes a few words say more than a lot of words.

All in all, this is one of the show’s more enjoyable episode’s that I like to watch on occasion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102708811690231/k2311a0827/8.27.09