Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar
6645 NE Loop 820 N Richland Hills, TX 76180
  • Now, I do not have a problem with kids - I have a problem with parents that do not teach their kids the proper behavior while out in public
  • If I come to the restaurant during a time when kids are in school or it is a slow period, then I actually have a pretty good experience
  • The barbecue sauce here is quite rich and definitely will spike the interest of your taste buds
  • Of course, I am not really a rib eater so perhaps I am not the best judge of quality ribs
  • I do recommend this restaurant as it offers quality food as well as something for everyone at relatively decent prices, but be prepared for a possibly noisy experience if you come to the restaurant on the weekend or Friday night

• by GenesisOne

Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar is a restaurant that tends to get somewhat noisy at times especially if I come to the restaurant when kids are out of school. It can be especially loud on the weekends when families go out to dinner. This is primarily a family restaurant, although there is indeed a bar. The fact that it is a family restaurant means there that there will be quite a few kids in the restaurant usually.

Now, I do not have a problem with kids - I have a problem with parents that do not teach their kids the proper behavior while out in public. I am referring to the screaming and the yelling and the crayons getting thrown on the ground to be stepped on and the balloons getting tugged and bounced over and over again. It can just be so distracting and irritating when kids act like they are at home while

in the restaurant.

You know what they say though, bad manners start at home! Then I get exposed to them. If I come to the restaurant during a time when kids are in school or it is a slow period, then I actually have a pretty good experience. The service at this restaurant is generally very good and the employees act quite attentive and friendly.

I have on a couple occasions gotten someone who clearly did not care that much or was simply having a bad day, but there is still no excuse for that and I demonstrated my displeasure in the form of a paltry tip. Still, the bad experiences I have had here are really quite small. The food at this restaurant is nothing special and can really be best described as being “all American”.

There are burgers, chicken, steaks, barbecue, ribs sandwiches, soups, salads and a whole lot more. The meat is ...

• always cooked well and fits how I ordered it. The meat is generally very tender too and flavorful as well.

There are various burgers and steak creations. The barbecue sauce here is quite rich and definitely will spike the interest of your taste buds! I tried the ribs once, although I did not care too much for them because there did not seem to be all that much meat. Of course, I am not really a rib eater so perhaps I am not the best judge of quality ribs.

There are also healthy alternatives on the menu too. They offer a number of salads, some that are combined with grilled chicken slices. The soups are plentiful as well, although a little on the pricey side.

They do have good soup though. The restaurant is a little on the pricey side, but two people can generally eat at the restaurant for under twenty dollars - and

that is including the drinks. Many of the items on the menu run from $6.

99 to $12. 99, although there are items that do fall below or are above those levels. The appetizers, like at most restaurants, are overpriced in my opinion.

It is not the best value in the area, but the food is fairly high quality and satisfying to the taste buds. I only come to this restaurant every other month or so, but as long as I come at a time when there are not many kids, which pretty much means the weekends and Friday nights are definitely out, I can have a pretty comfortable and pleasant eating experience and walk away from the restaurant feeling satisfied. I do recommend this restaurant as it offers quality food as well as something for everyone at relatively decent prices, but be prepared for a possibly noisy experience if you come to the restaurant on the weekend or Friday night.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72708811560131/k2311a0827/8.27.09