Krusteaz Bakery Style Sugar Cookies
  • I love to just let a piece sit in my mouth and on top of my tongue and allow my taste buds to just absorb the sweet flavor
  • I like how these sugar cookies hold for a good period of time without acquiring a somewhat stale flavor to them
  • If you are in search of a rather scrumptious sugar cookie that will energize your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied, then I recommend that you give these sugar cookies a try

• by GenesisOne

I do not have sugar cookies too often, but when I do, I generally pick up Krusteaz Bakery Style Sugar Cookies at the grocery store because these cookies, much like their other cookie mixes, do not disappoint. The sugar cookies that come from this mix are quite buttery and rich in flavor.

I love to just let a piece

sit in my mouth and on top of my tongue and allow my taste buds to just absorb the sweet flavor.

It is a very satisfying experience.

The picture on the front of the cookie shows a frosting layer.

I sometimes add it and I sometimes do not - it typically depends on just how sweet I am looking ...

• to make the cookie.

The cookies come out quite crunchy and the mix makes quite a stack of cookies! Although I am not as crazy about sugar cookies as I am about chocolate chip cookies, these sugar cookies nonetheless smell great when coming out of the oven and do leave my mouth watering for more.

I like how these

sugar cookies hold for a good period of time without acquiring a somewhat stale flavor to them.

If you are in search of a rather scrumptious sugar cookie that will energize your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied, then I recommend that you give these sugar cookies a try! They are easy to make and plenty can be made from the mix!

dorisjones says :

I received a package of this Krusteaz Bakery Style Cookie Mix but do not know how to prepare the mix. Please e-mail me a recipe so I can try it out. Thanks.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi dorisjones, there are tons of excellent recipes on the Krusteaz website. However, there is one particular that my family loves: Krusteaz Chocolate Marble Cookies

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 package Krusteaz Sugar Cookie Mix

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted

1 egg

2 tablespoons cocoa powder

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 F.

In medium bowl, stir together cookie mix, butter and egg until well blended.

Divide dough in half.

Add cocoa powder to one half of dough.

Hand knead to incorporate cocoa.

On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 2 separate 12-inch logs.

Chill dough logs 30 minutes.

Place chilled logs side by side and roll together into 20-inch log.

Fold log in half and place side by side, alternating colors.
    Roll dough to 12-inch log twist log several times to marble the dough.

Chill 15 minutes.

Slice dough into1/4-inch slices and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes.

Just a note though, I have a gas oven and I have found that the cookies are usually done by 8 minutes. If you have a gas oven than I don’t suggest leaving them in much past 8 to 8.5 minutes otherwise they are hard and over cooked.

Here is a link to the website there are lots of other excellent recipes :
    Just be careful if you start making them too often then your family will drive you crazy wanting them all the time )

Paulette haggan says :

did you ever have a receipe called clover leaf cookies they were little rounds put togerther that looked like a cloverleaf for instance one choc,one round of sugar and one peanut it all came from the same box just added peanut butter, then made one that was choc.?

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Paulette, I have had them, here is the recipe that I have for them. They are a huge hit with my family.

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, combine ingredients according to manufacturer directions.

2. Divide dough into thirds. Add chocolate chips to one portion, peanut butter to another and melted chocolate to the third portion. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.

3. Roll 1/2 teaspoonful’s of dough into balls. For each cookie, place three balls (one of each dough) with edges touching on ungreased baking sheets to form a cloverleaf.

4. Place cookies 2 in. apart. Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.

I also like to just leave one part regular sugar cookie mix and add green food coloring for a fun St. Patrick’s Day Theme.

Hope this helps

Carmon says :

I have a container of mix and forgot to save the directions so I can make them, Do you have the directions anywhere?

John says :

Carmon, you can find the instructions online using Krusteaz’s website. This is the site:

Joan Wilder says :

Although the dough mixes up slimy and is super nasty to work with—if you are able to get a few to roll and cut out or even drop nicely as a shortbread round, well then you will enjoy the success when you bite into one. Because they really do have a nice, tasty flavor, though a bit artificial. I would not recommend or buy this product again and I have worked in major luxury brand food service for almost 20 years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272708811550131/k2311a0827/8.27.09