Purnell’s Old Folks: Country Sausage & Biscuits  » Food  »
  • As for the biscuits that housed the sausage patties, they unfortunately were not quite as good
  • The biscuits looked a whole lot like hamburger buns to me and that is what I think they tasted like

• by GenesisOne

I find Purnell’s Old Folks: Country Sausage & Biscuits to be halfway decent, really. It is not easy at all to find frozen breakfast sausage that actually tastes like breakfast sausage, but in this case of this product, I was pleasantly surprised by the authentic and enjoyable flavor contained within each of

the sausage patties.

The sausage patties were a decent size, too.

As for the biscuits that housed the sausage patties, they unfortunately were not quite as good.

The biscuits looked a whole lot like hamburger buns to me and that is what I think they tasted like.

They did not come across ...

• as being all that fresh, either.

This was not the kind of biscuit that I was expecting and really, I would not even use the word biscuit to describe what is essentially basic bread.

This reduced the degree of satisfaction I had in eating these sausage biscuits.

It really is a shame

- I finally find some pretty decent breakfast sausage patties and what do I find but lackluster and dull biscuits to go with the bread.

It was disappointing.

Nonetheless, I still found myself mildly enjoying these sausage biscuits and considering the quality, number of sandwiches and price, I likely will purchase these again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272708811520131/k2311a0827/8.27.09