Breyers French Vanilla
2.0
  • For an ice cream that is supposed to be of the French Vanilla variety, I really am disappointed
  • I was able to finish the ice cream that I bought and I mildly enjoyed it, but I certainly will not be looking to purchase this ice cream a second time

• by GenesisOne

Breyers French Vanilla ice cream is not bad, although I also really cannot say it is fabulous or even decent. It is sort of just alright or average.

For an ice cream that is supposed to be of the French Vanilla variety, I really am disappointed.

The ice cream lacks a great deal of flavor and

the flavor that it does offer is not much.

I can indeed taste some vanilla, but the amount that I taste is really only enough to essentially give this ice cream the name French Vanilla.

On the upside, the ice cream is pretty creamy and certainly smooth.

It is an ice cream that is clearly made ...

• with care, aside from either not adding enough vanilla flavoring or not using quality ingredients to give it a rich vanilla flavor.

Despite the creaminess and the smoothness of the ice cream, I will not be purchasing it again because I feel that the price tag of over four dollars is most certainly not worth it.

I can get better tasting French Vanilla ice cream in other brands, even if those brands might not have ice cream that is quite as creamy.

I was able to finish the ice cream that I bought and I mildly enjoyed it, but I certainly will not be looking to purchase this ice cream a second time.

Michael says :

Dunno when you had it, but Breyer’s French Vanilla used to be one of the best, almost tasted like an egg nog flavor. They changed the formula about 7 years ago, I flipped and sent ‘em a letter of complaint. I think it hardly even tastes like ice cream, more like sweetened regular cream lol. They sent me a Thank you for your feedback note and two vouchers for free ice cream…nice gesture, but fix the flavor

Joanna says :

I like Breyers Natural Vanilla better. I has a much more robust flavor to me. However, if you don’t like it I would definitely go Blue Bell. They have a delicious French Vanilla style ice cream.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272708811270131/k2311a0827/8.27.09