Holiday Inn Express  » Hotels  »
1.0
151 W. Orchard, Hayden, Idaho
  • I decided that we would stay in the Holiday Inn Express due to the fact that it was close to our destination and that they seemed to be a kid friendly place since they had an indoor water park and a big gaming place
  • Well, little did I know they weren't so kid friendly
  • There was a baby in the room next to our that was crying, which I thought nothing of because I had a baby and we were at a kid friendly hotel
  • I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone with kids even though one would think they would be kid friendly

• by chevydhd_cowgirl

My family and I recently went on vacation to Silverwood Theme Park in Idaho. I decided that we would stay in the Holiday Inn Express due to the fact that it was close to our destination and that they seemed to be a kid friendly place since they had an indoor water park and a big gaming place. Well, little did I know they weren’t so kid friendly.

We had a horrible experience there. For starters we couldn’t even check in until after 4pm and we have a baby that is 17months old so traveling is a little rough on her.

She sometimes has

a hard time on the first night. We decided to go and get some dinner and then visit some friends who were camping at a park near by.

We got back to our room about 11pm. There was a baby in the room next to our that was crying, which I thought nothing of because I had a baby and we were at a kid friendly hotel.

Well, let’s just say it wasn’t a good night, my baby woke up at about 2:30am and was crying, I was trying to calm her as fast as possible and as quiet as possible. I finally got ...

• her settled back down and she was just about asleep again when there was a knock on the front door, it was the front desk saying they had a complaint about the baby crying and that there wasn’t much that he could do about that but we needed to keep it down.

Never once during the night did I call and complain about hearing every cough, phone ringing or someone lifting the toilet seat in the next room. I had I known that the walls were that thin, I would have chose a different hotel.

I was under the impression that the hotel having

an indoor waterpark and gaming area was a kid friendly hotel and would be some what sound proof. Boy was I wrong, my first indication should have been when I saw the packs of ear plugs on the bathroom counter.

So needless to say I was up at 5am calling other hotels to get a room for our second night. And I found one and it was cheaper too.

I promptly went and cancelled our second night there and got my money back and went else where. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone with kids even though one would think they would be kid friendly.

Holiday Inn Express

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22708810991231/k2311a0827/8.27.09