The FURminator Deshedding Tool  » Pets  »
  • With daily use over the past three weeks, I have definitely noticed a reduction in shedding from all of the dogs

• by Bonnie Streich

Being a household of multiple dogs, it’s always nice to find a pet tool which actually performs as promised. I recently purchased The FURminator Deshedding Tool in the medium size.

This shedding tool claimed it would remove dead hair and undercoat from the dogs and leave their coat looking and feeling shinier and sleeker.

The first candidate to test those claims was our resident Dachshund cross, who

sheds a mountain of hair everyday.

This tool performed exactly as promised and did so efficiently and effortlessly.

The undercoat and any dead hair are readily removed with each stroke of the FURminator.

The coats on all of my dogs actually do feel smoother and look shinier each time I use the tool.

Not only are the benefits a smoother, silkier coat, but every dog I’ve used this ...

• on really seems to enjoy being brushed with it.

With daily use over the past three weeks, I have definitely noticed a reduction in shedding from all of the dogs.

But key here is that the tool should be used everyday to accomplish this and to keep the coats in good shape.

I can’t qualify how well this tool would work on a longer coat, all of

my dogs are of the short coated variety, but for them it’s an excellent shedding tool.

The only complaint I could find for this shedding tool is that the teeth are very short, and due to the fact that it removes a good amount of hair with each stroke, the brush must be cleaned frequently during use.

Other than this, it’s a highly recommended product, and it gets the job done.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292608810870731/k2311a0826/8.26.09