Charter Cable in Rainsville Alabama  » Business  »
0.5
  • Never in my wildest dreams did I think the cable man would become part of the family
  • I thought he would knock on the door but he just got in his car and left

• by shelly2234

Never in my wildest dreams did I think the cable man would become part of the family. Here’s how it happened…I recently moved and had to switch from Comcast cable to Charter cable services. I called Charter to have my service connected and got a appointment for installation 4 days later.

They never showed up! I called and resceduled the appointment for the following week and they never showed again! The no show’s was repeated 8 more times. What shocked me so much was that they sent a install worker out and he pulled in my drive

(I watched him through the window).

He sat in the driveway for a few seconds then got out and placed a tag on my door that said “sorry we missed you”. I thought he would knock on the door but he just got in his car and left! I opened the door and seen the tag and called Charter again.

They offered no explanation at all. Now Charter leases it’s install work to a third party and the man that worked for that third party would come to my house everyday and see if they had fixed ...

• my line so he could install the boxes.

That man could not understand why Charter would do this. I do applaud him though for going out of his way every day to check on me.

He was becoming like family to me because we seen him all the time. I called Charter a final time and I demanded that a manager call me back, when he did he told me that he would personally come out to my home.

He came out and the next day my cable was hooked up. I waited 7 weeks to get

cable from Charter.

They could offer no explanation for making me wait but I did demand some sort of credit for all my troubles. They gave me two months of free service and all the movie channels for free.

The hassle that I had to go through with this company was worth way more than that. The local office would not even answer my calls because they knew that they had done wrong.

I want to let you all know that Charter is a good company overall, but if you live in Dekalb County Alabama, please go for another cable/internet company.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412508810731031/k2311a0825/8.25.09