Star Trek the Original Series Black Handle Phaser by Diamond Select  » Other  »
  • How you use it, is up to you, but I definitely recommend it if you are a fan of the original Star Trek series

• by GenesisOne

Star Trek the Original Series Black Handle Phaser by Diamond Select is a pretty accurate replica of the prop that was used on the original Star Trek series! Based on the close-up shots of the hand phaser on the series, this replica is pretty much identical from what I can tell. It is really something! Plus, there is even a smaller phaser within the phaser! The small phaser is

the type I that was used on the show at times, where the larger one is the type 2. It is pretty cool how both are easily integrated with each other and just as easily taken apart. It is a quick and simple process once it has been done a couple of times. The phasers also offer both authentic sound effects and lights, so it really sounds like the ...

• phasers used on the show! It is really impressive how every detail, from color to shape to details to the sounds and the lights have all been recreated and likely functions and is more comfortable to hold than the actual props from the show! I do not use mine too much because I want it to last and also, for me, it is more of a collector’s item than
        it is a toy. However, if I would have had something like this say ten or twelve years ago, I probably would have been whipping it out on a daily basis! This can be a very fun toy as well as a very impressive collector’s item. How you use it, is up to you, but I definitely recommend it if you are a fan of the original Star Trek series.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122508810721031/k2311a0825/8.25.09