Star Trek Classic Enterprise NCC-1701 by Diamond Comics
  • As for this model, it might not be the largest model of the original Enterprise released, but I think it is pretty attractive

• by GenesisOne

Star Trek Classic Enterprise NCC-1701 by Diamond Comics is a model that I have sitting next to my other models of the grand old NCC-1701. Yes, I own several models and model variations of the iconic Constitution-class starship and I am happy that I do because they are not all like.

The models vary in details and offer somewhat varying sound effects and light-up effects.

As for this

model, it might not be the largest model of the original Enterprise released, but I think it is pretty attractive.

It features some great details along the secondary hull, although the saucer section and in particular the bridge dome as well as the underside of the saucer where the phaser emitters and the photon torpedo bays are located could feature some additional details rather than being glossed over.

...

• The nacelles are nicely detailed though, plus, they light up.

At least, the orange cap portions do.

The model is also equipped with brief sound effects like the sound that was heard when the Enterprise fired its phasers.

In terms of proportions, the model looks about right to me.

The nacelles do not appear to be too long and the saucer and the secondary hull proportions seems to

be right.

This is not my favorite model, as I do prefer the refit Enterprise A and I have another model of the original NCC-1701 and it features a more detailed hull.

Of course, I also own models that do not light up or have sound effects, so this model works out to being about average in terms of the rest of my collection.

It is still nice, though!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122508810691031/k2311a0825/8.25.09