Movie Roxanne  » Movies  »
2.5
  • But, this one, where he plays a long-nosed fire chief who is in love with a woman but helps another man seduce her instead, is a bit too drawn out for me to be impressed with it
  • I think the funniest part of the entire movie is Martin coming up with 20 different comments to make rather than “big nose
  • I used to think this was a good movie, I guess my taste in films has changed over the years because my first impression of it was definitely wrong

• by Steve

I took the time to watch a movie I haven’t seen in a long while; the Steve Martin film, “Roxanne. ” You know what, it really wasn’t as good as I remember it being.

I usually love Martin’s movies.

But, this one, where he plays a long-nosed fire chief who is in love with

a woman but helps another man seduce her instead, is a bit too drawn out for me to be impressed with it.

I think the funniest part of the entire movie is Martin coming up with 20 different comments to make rather than “big nose.

” That was a bit funny and sometimes a ...

• bit gross.

Other than that, most of the jokes were too light or too complicated to really make anyone laugh out loud.

Maybe just chuckle and smile a bit.

And, that’s not what I expect from a Steve Martin movie.

And what the heck was up with that scene at the end, where

his giant nose saves the day by sniffing out a fire before it got too big? That was one of the stupidest movie scenes I have seen in years.

I used to think this was a good movie, I guess my taste in films has changed over the years because my first impression of it was definitely wrong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112508810301031/k2311a0825/8.25.09