Movie Frozen River  » Movies  »
2.5
  • But, at the same time, I thought it would be difficult for me to side with characters who help illegal immigrants enter the United States through our Canadian border
  • I think it is a question that is a lot harder to answer than many people realize
  • It’s a better movie than expected and, because of that, I would definitely recommend taking the time to watch it

• by Steve

When I took the time to watch the movie Frozen River this past weekend, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I heard good things about it.

But, at the same time, I thought it would be difficult for me to side with characters who help illegal immigrants enter the United States through our Canadian border.

But,

it turned out to be a halfway decent drama that really makes you think when you’re watching it.

It’s a movie you’re going to want to sit down and watch when you don’t have distractions because it is a bit complex at times.

But, even though I disapproved with the characters and what they were doing,

• I have to say I felt sorry for them.

After all, they were only trying to feed their kids and I guess I would break the law a bit too if I was trying to do the same.

It’s one of those movies that leave you wondering what you would do if you were stuck in

their situation too.

I think it is a question that is a lot harder to answer than many people realize.

It’s a better movie than expected and, because of that, I would definitely recommend taking the time to watch it.

You’ll either love it or hate it but, in any case, it is sure to draw some sort of response from you.

Andrew Leaither says :

I like the sound of this movie. Frozen River seems like a good catch especially from after reading the review. As you mentioned it was difficult for you to side with characters but at least you still enjoyed the movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112508810291031/k2311a0825/8.25.09