McDonald’s southern style chicken  » Food  »
  • I’m not sure how new McDonalds’ Southern Style chicken is but I tried it for the first time a week ago and was very disappointed
  • What I like about McDonalds Southern Style chicken, the few positives there are, is that the chicken tender is pretty moist and tender
  • I think it’s over priced for what it is, especially for McDonalds
  • McDonalds Southern Style chicken is an okay breakfast sandwich but it’s not the best they have to offer
  • I would recommend trying a similar breakfast sandwich from other fast food places like Wendy’s, Sonic or Burger King because McDonalds Southern Style chicken sandwich is a failure to me

• by Liberty

I’m not sure how new McDonalds’ Southern Style chicken is but I tried it for the first time a week ago and was very disappointed. It’s a breakfast sandwich that has a piece of chicken strip in between a flaky biscuit. For something that’s suppose to be southern, where’s the gravy? I was expecting gravy and all I got was a piece of chicken and a biscuit, talk about dry.

moist and tender. It’s also not greasy which is surprising because it’s fried. It’s been pretty well cooked the times I’ve had it, very crispy and a good size chicken and sandwich as a whole.

Now to the negatives about McDonalds Southern Style chicken. I think it’s over priced for what it is, especially for McDonalds. I think I spent a little over $5 for the meal, which only consisted of the sandwich and a drink (I got coffee). As I mentioned earlier, for it being southern there’s no gravy. It’s ...

• not really southern if there’s no gravy. A chicken strip in between a biscuit doesn’t make it southern unless there’s gravy! The overall sandwich was so so. The chicken was other too bland or too salty the times I’ve had it, and the edges can sometimes be a bit chewy, like it’s been cooked too long or left out. The biscuit is also a tad on the salty side, dry, and crumbles easily. The stupid biscuit fell apart as I as trying to eat it. Had there been gravy it
        would’ve been a big mess. Of course if there had been gravy maybe it wouldn’t have been so dry. I had to take a drink of coffee with every bite to get it to go down my throat, that’s how dry it was.

McDonalds Southern Style chicken is an okay breakfast sandwich but it’s not the best they have to offer. I would recommend trying a similar breakfast sandwich from other fast food places like Wendy’s, Sonic or Burger King because McDonalds Southern Style chicken sandwich is a failure to me.

McDonald’s southern style chicken

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272508810160931/k2311a0825/8.25.09