Drop Dead Diva show  » TV  »
  • I’ve enjoyed it so much that it’s become what I watch regularly on Sundays
  • I love Drop Dead Diva because it’s laugh out loud funny and has it’s heart felt moments befitting a Lifetime show
  • It’s definitely a one of a kind show that is not at all predictable, okay maybe there were a few predictable moments
  • I would highly recommend watching it when you need a pick-me up

• by Liberty

Drop Dead Diva is a new TV series on the Lifetime channel. It comes on at 9 p.m. eastern time on Sundays. I was skeptical about this show because it’s on Lifetime, and Lifetime is one of those channels that provides TV movies and shows that are a tad on the soap opera side with often times bad acting. But because the general concept of the story and the fact that Margaret Cho is in it made me give this show a chance. I’m really glad I tuned in because it’s a great show. I’ve enjoyed it so much that it’s become what I watch regularly on Sundays.

Drop Dead Diva is about an aspiring model, even if she’s very short, that dies in a car accident

while in another part of the city a chubby, homely looking lawyer takes a bullet for her boss. The lawyer lady winds up in a hospital with a minor bullet wound but she’s not awake yet. The pretty model on the other hand is up in heaven. She finds herself sitting at a desk while an angel goes through his database of where to send her. Turns out she’s neutral. She hasn’t done a single bad or good thing in the time that she’s been alive and he doesn’t know what to do. She on the other hand wants to go back so in her haste she clicks an enter key on the angel’s keyboard that sends on back to Earth, except she winds up in ...

• the lawyer’s body. Drop Dead Diva is about Deb, the aspiring model, struggling to get over her old life and adjusting to her new life as Jane, the super smart lawyer. The only person that knows who she really is is her guardian angel Fred, who was sent after her and her best friend. To make matters even harder, her boyfriend almost fiancé takes a job at the lawyer firm that Jane works. She has to work with him but keep her distance at the same time.

I love Drop Dead Diva because it’s laugh out loud funny and has it’s heart felt moments befitting a Lifetime show. It’s very entertaining to say the least. I love seeing the inner diva of this dumpy, smart woman shine

through. I also love the fact that the leading actress for this show is a fuller figured woman. This show combines smarts with humor and fashion. It’s definitely a one of a kind show that is not at all predictable, okay maybe there were a few predictable moments.

The only down side to Drop Dead Diva is that it’s on the Lifetime channel and because it’s on one of those cable channels no one really pays attention to I have a hard time keeping track of what day it comes on and at what time.

Drop Dead Diva is a funny, uplifting show. I would highly recommend watching it when you need a pick-me up. Finally, a leading lady that is not only beautiful, smart, witty but also curvy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102508810120931/k2311a0825/8.25.09