Star Trek II NCC-1701 Battle Damaged Enterprise The Wrath of Khan by Art Asylum  » Other  »
  • Still, this a remarkable model and definitely one that I am very pleased to have a part of my collection
  • I like how the model is quite detailed in the areas that are both damaged and undamaged and that the large size of the model makes these details stand out even more

• by GenesisOne

Star Trek II NCC-1701 Battle Damaged Enterprise The Wrath of Khan by Art Asylum model is incorrectly labeled, for some peculiar reason. All the damage that appears on this model takes place as the Enterprise is exploding in Star Trek III after Kirk initiates auto-destruct.

Yes, the Enterprise took damage in II, but the damage that is reflected on this model

looks much more from the auto destruct sequence.

That aside, the damaged model looks quite stunning and is a dramatic departure from all the other unscathed models that I own.

It is almost painful to see the gorgeous Constitution class refit Enterprise in such a critically damaged state and knowing full well that this was one time the Enterprise did not ...

• escape destruction.

Still, this a remarkable model and definitely one that I am very pleased to have a part of my collection.

I like how the model is quite detailed in the areas that are both damaged and undamaged and that the large size of the model makes these details stand out even more.

The model also possesses some sounds from

the movies and lights up, too, so even though the Enterprise itself is damaged, the deflector dish, impulse engines and bridge lights still come on.

I feel that this battle damaged is a great companion to go with my undamaged refit Enterprise A.

Side by side, they look fabulous.

I am very happy to have this model a part of my collection now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122408809900931/k2311a0824/8.24.09