Alias Smith and Jones: Journey from San Juan  » TV  »
  • From beginning to end, I enjoy the scenes

• by Orrymain

One of my favorite episodes, Alias Smith and Jones: Journey from San Juan, is a show I never get bored watching. From beginning to end, I enjoy the scenes. Nothing about it tires me, not even after seeing it numerous times over the years. It’s well acted, well scripted, and well directed.

The two main guest stars are Claudine

Longet and Susan Oliver. Longet, probably known best as the ex-wife of Andy Williams and the one who fired the gun that killed skier Spider Savich, had a so-so B-career in TV and films, but I’ve always liked watching her. She has a beautiful voice that is tiny, petite, and airy sounding, but which keeps me listening. She’s ...

• not a great actress, but she was entertaining. As for Oliver, she’s done numerous appearances all over television and was a highly respected actress who also was one of the first women to direct on television as well.

In Alias Smith and Jones: Journey from San Juan, Longet plays a New Orleans songbird, Michelle Monet, who just wants to go home

again. Oliver plays Blanche Graham, a more hardened but beautiful owner of a saloon in San Juan. Both end up involved with our heroes’ alias’, Joshua Smith and Thaddeus Jones. With Longet teamed with Ben Murphy and Oliver with Pete Duel, there are two very nice romantic pairings, even if they are never meant to be.

I really enjoy this episode.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102408809450931/k2311a0824/8.24.09