Alias Smith and Jones: Return to Devil’s Hole  » TV  »
  • As I've said before, that's not a pattern I enjoy or like
  • As I tried again to see if I could learn the name of the song or the title, I found a review where someone recognized the song from an episode of McCloud

• by Orrymain

Alias Smith and Jones: Return to Devil’s Hole continues the pattern in this first season of separating the two stars of this comical western series. They are together only at the beginning and at the end. As I’ve said before, that’s not a pattern I enjoy or like. That said, both Pete Duel, who plays Hannibal Heyes, and Ben Murphy, who stars as Kid Curry, are great to watch.

I loved both of their characters and both actors are favorites of mine, so I really didn’t lose anything by this divided episodes. It’s just they are so much better together. It’s the synergy of their talents.

One of the things that has always intrigued me about Return to Devil’s Hole is a song that filters through much of the show. I wish I knew the name of it, but it’s ...

• not credited. It’s a lovely ballad take urges you to take a look around and talks about a heart knowing the truth.

The thing is, that exact same song was used equally brilliantly in an episode of Men from Shiloh. James Farentino was the guest star in that episode. As I tried again to see if I could learn the name of the song or the title, I found a review where

someone recognized the song from an episode of McCloud. So, this must have been a stock song that made the rounds. It’s really beautiful, though, and adds to the mystery and allure of the episode.

Fernando Lamas, Diana Hyland, and Brett Halsey are the three main guest stars, and they are all very good. Hyland is the magic, though. She keeps you guessing and intrigued right up to the end.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102408809390931/k2311a0824/8.24.09