Chanel Sheer Brilliance in Golden Apricot
  • If I were to make a suggestion as to how this product could be improved, I might suggest that a pump dispenser on the bottle might be an improvement because it would prevent contamination of the liquid product in the bottle form contact with fingers or makeup brushes, but even without that type of dispenser, I love this product
  • If you feel like treating yourself to a little splurge and feel like your skin is looking a little lackluster or could benefit from a sunkissed effect, then I think you should pay a visit to your local Chanel makeup counter to see whether Chanel Sheer Brilliance in Golden Apricot would be a valuable addition to your makeup bag

• by deem

Chanel Sheer Brilliance is a liquid highlighter or bronzer, especially depending on the shade that you are using. In addition to the Golden Apricot shade, Chanel Sheer Brilliance also comes in shades such as Bronzelit and Sunkissed. Golden Apricot is a lighter shade, however, so it works on a variety of different skin tones, even those that generally don’t find bronzers easy to wear.

I first tried Chanel Sheer Brilliance in Golden Apricot when I borrowed it from daughter, who has much darker skin than I have. A national makeup artist had applied it to my daughter as a bronzer/highlighter during a makeup event at a Chanel counter.

On her darker skin tones, Chanel Sheer Brilliance gave her a sensual glow as though she were illuminated

from within. Even though this shade is called Golden Apricot instead of Sunkissed, she looks absolutely sun kissed when she wears Chanel Sheer Brilliance in Golden Apricot.

She can wear it either in place of her blush or in combination with it, depending on the look that she is trying to achieve. After watching her success with this product, I felt that I just had to try it on my fair skin.

I basically applied it as a bronzer/highlighter on my cheekbones and was pleasantly surprised at the results. It gave the impression that I had gotten a light touch of sun resulting in just a touch of a tan — but not in an artificial “bronzer” look.

In other words, when I wear this

product, I look like I have been touched by the sun in a positive way, not like I have been experimenting with bronzer, which is the usual result when I have worn powder bronzers. Because this is a liquid product, you can apply Chanel Sheer Brilliance in Golden Apricot either with your fingers or you can work it in with a makeup brush.

I have tried both methods and they have both worked for me. You can wear it alone for a natural, no makeup look or you can wear it over a liquid or cream foundation, or you can mix a few drops in with your liquid foundation to get that all over bronze look.

Although I usually just apply it wear I would normally apply ...

• Chanel Sheer Brilliance in Golden Apricot
      a highlighter, Chanel Sheer Brilliance is a versatile product so you can apply it in different ways depending on the look that you are trying to achieve and depending on which way works best for you. If I were to make a suggestion as to how this product could be improved, I might suggest that a pump dispenser on the bottle might be an improvement because it would prevent contamination of the liquid product in the bottle form contact with fingers or makeup brushes, but even without that type of dispenser, I love this product.

Although the price of this product is pretty steep, which is not unusual for a Chanel cosmetics product, you do get a lot of product for your money. Chanel certainly does not skimp

on quantity.

I have had my Chanel Sheer Brilliance in Golden Apricot for more than a year and there is still plenty left in the bottle. If you feel like treating yourself to a little splurge and feel like your skin is looking a little lackluster or could benefit from a sunkissed effect, then I think you should pay a visit to your local Chanel makeup counter to see whether Chanel Sheer Brilliance in Golden Apricot would be a valuable addition to your makeup bag.

Remember, too, if this shade does not work for you, there are other shades that you could try as well. Even if highlighters and bronzers have never worked for you in the past, Chanel Sheer Brilliance may be just the product that you are looking for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312308808791231/k2311a0823/8.23.09