MAC Nylon Eyeshadow  » Cosmetics  »
  • I emphasize here the word frosty because MAC Nylon eyeshadow is definitely not a matte or a satin shadow
  • If my eyelids were more perfect, this would not be as much of an issue, but that's life
  • However, if you decide to give MAC Nylon eyeshadow a try, and I think you should, especially if you are looking for a great brow highlighter and inner eye corner brightener and frost is not an issue for you, I recommend that you apply it with a makeup brush also

• by deem

I got MAC Nylon eyeshadow as part of an eyeshadow palette a few years ago. In the pan, it looks like it is going to be a light yellow frosty shadow. When applied, however, the yellow color is not as strong as it appears in the pan.

Instead, MAC Nylon eyeshadow as applied is more like a frosty offwhite color. I emphasize here the word frosty because MAC Nylon eyeshadow is definitely not a matte or a satin shadow.

It is definitely a frost eyeshadow. If I were younger, or perhaps I should say, if my eyelids were not quite so “mature”,

I could probably use MAC Nylon eyeshadow in more different ways, such as actually on my eyelid, perhaps with a contour color.

However, because I am concerned about an eyeshadow emphasizing any crepiness or fine lines on my eyelids, I do not find MAC Nylon eyeshadow to be very versatile. I apply MAC Nylon eyeshadow primarily as a brow highlighter color and also sometimes to brighten the inner corners of my eyes.

For these two purposes, I have been happy with MAC Nylon eyeshadow, especially if I blend it thoroughly. I get that little bit of bright pop that I am looking for.

However, I ...

• do find myself having to be very careful to blend it thoroughly in order to accommodate the frost in the eyeshadow which can magnify any flaw. If my eyelids were more perfect, this would not be as much of an issue, but that’s life.

I apply MAC Nylon eyeshadow using a makeup brush instead of a sponge applicator, but then I rarely use a sponge applicator to apply eyeshadow. In terms of repurchasing, I probably would not repurchase MAC Nylon eyeshadow, but instead would look for an offwhite satin or shimmer eyeshadow with less frost.

However, if you decide to give MAC Nylon eyeshadow

a try, and I think you should, especially if you are looking for a great brow highlighter and inner eye corner brightener and frost is not an issue for you, I recommend that you apply it with a makeup brush also. MAC Nylon eyeshadow is reasonably priced for a drug store eyeshadow and is available at either MAC freestanding stores, if there is one where you live, or at MAC cosmetics counters at department stores in the mall.

If you don’t have either a MAC freestanding store where you live or a MAC counter, then you can purchase MAC Nylon eyeshadow and other MAC cosmetics online.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312308808771231/k2311a0823/8.23.09