MAC Carbon Eyeshadow  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think that everyone who wears eyeshadow should have a good, matte black eyeshadow that works for them in their makeup collection
  • I know that I am already planning on repurchasing MAC Carbon when I run out of it and I am getting low in the pan with this eyeshadow because I use it so often

• by deem

I think that everyone who wears eyeshadow should have a good, matte black eyeshadow that works for them in their makeup collection. Trust MAC, a company known for unusual and multi-faceted eyeshadow collections, to have a great matte black eyeshadow in Carbon. I am a fair skinned blonde and I am in my 50’s now so I have to be careful about eyeshadows that have any kind of frost and those that overpower my eyes or are too dramatic.

Because MAC Carbon eyeshadow is a matte eyeshadow, I don’t have to worry about any frost emphasizing imperfections that may exist on my eyelids. Furthermore, MAC Carbon eyeshadow, though it is technically a matte black eyeshadow, actually looks

more like a deep charcoal gray when it is applied so it is more wearable than a deeper black eyeshadow would be.

However, MAC Carbon is not only blendable, it is also buildable so if you want the deep black effect, you can get it with MAC Carbon by applying more eyeshadow and blending it in. I find myself wearing MAC Carbon eyeshadow at least 3-4 times a week, usually in my outer V or as a lower lid liner because it does produce a more subtle, wearable effect.

MAC Carbon eyeshadow is appropriate for a professional daytime work look or for a casual weekend look and can even be a valuable addition to a more dramatic evening ...

• look. I apply it with a makeup brush, which I think is particularly important with this eyeshadow to ensure that I get the blended look that I want without streaks.

If you are talented with blending eyeshadows to get a more personalized look, MAC Carbon is also valuable for darkening or deepening other eyeshadow colors for a more individual look. If you are in need of a matte black eyeshadow that is very versatile and very wearable, I think that you should give MAC Carbon a look to see if you need to add it to your eyeshadow collection.

I am getting low in the pan with this eyeshadow because I use it so often. MAC Carbon eyeshadow, like the other MAC eyeshadows, are quite reasonably priced for a department store cosmetics brand.

MAC eyeshadows can be purchased at freestanding MAC stores, at MAC makeup counters in department stores, or online. In addition, you can sometimes find MAC eyeshadows at cosmetics outlet stores at outlet malls.

If you are in the mood for a new eyeshadow, you may find that MAC Carbon eyeshadow is just what you are looking for. If you decide to purchase it, I suspect that it will become a staple eyeshadow for you just as it has become a staple in my collection for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312308808721231/k2311a0823/8.23.09