AZO (Over the Counter Urinary Tract Infection Medication)  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I think it has to do with maybe it has to do with wearing bathing suits and then sitting in them when they are still damp, but whatever the reason the resulting infection is not what I'd call a day at the beach
  • But then the pains come and it isn't long before I am lying prone on the bed, secretly wishing that life as I know it would end, leaving me mercifully immune to the excruciating agony
  • But I have to admit that I am absolutely disappointed in this over the counter medication
  • But I bought the whole 'natural cure' hook, line and sinker

• by onerios13

I hate to admit it but despite exercising and eating healthy and doing everything you can possibly do in order to be at the top notch of health there are just certain times due to certain situations that will cause a painful condition known as urinary tract infection to occur. And for some reason, I tend to get them more in the summertime. I think it has to do with maybe it has to do with wearing bathing suits and then sitting in them when they are still damp, but whatever the reason the resulting infection is not what I’d call a day at the beach. And the symptoms are just painful to the extreme. Mine always starts off as a small niggle when I go to the bathroom, but soon it mushrooms to where I have to go all the time yet I don’t pass a lot of urine.

But then the pains come and it isn’t long before I am lying prone on the bed, secretly wishing that life as I know it would end, leaving me mercifully immune to the excruciating agony.

And the worst thing is that sometimes I can’t get into the doctor’s, especially if all this develops over the weekend. So I’m stuck with trying to get some antibiotics and not being able to get in yet the pain is just getting worse and worse and I feel like I’m literally going to die. So that is when I go or have someone else go for me to the store to pick up some over the counter medication for the urinary tract infection. I normally use Uristat, which does stem the pain for a few hours giving me much needed relief, but for some reason the store didn’t carry that medication and I had to ...

• take another product instead. It’s called AZO and its touted as a natural cure for urinary tract infection. And let me tell you this stuff is not cheap. None of these things are but this one was almost more expensive than the Uristat. But being as desperate as I was, I got it thinking that if nothing else, it was natural and wouldn’t harm my body. But I will tell you this in all honesty. I WISH it had harmed my body if it just worked. But this stuff is a complete dud. I took it for three days and it did NOTHING to relieve the pain or the frequent need to urinate. It was no help and I was even more frustrated and in pain than when I first got the stuff.

So finally, I was able to go see my doctor and get antibiotics that in a few days

treated the pain and the other symptoms. But I have to admit that I am absolutely disappointed in this over the counter medication. It really did nothing for me and I urge anyone that has this painful condition to not waste their money or their time getting this product. Get Uristat instead or cranberry pills or something other than this AZO stuff. I just wish I could have returned it and got my money back because as I said before it wasn’t cheap and had I known it would be so useless I would have not gotten it at all and instead just got some pain killers to help relieve the pain. But I bought the whole ‘natural cure’ hook, line and sinker. So I am telling you or anyone who reads this review to never get this because won’t help you in the least and when you need it most.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262308808561131/k2311a0823/8.23.09