Cover girl Volume Exact Waterproof mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought this because it doesn't seem to have a lot of bells and whistles surrounding it
  • I got it because sometimes the most understated, unheard of products end up being the best
  • If I have a minimal amount of product on I don't get this problem
  • Overall I think this is one of the top drugstore brand mascaras available and I will be buying it again

• by Nicolina

Here is another mascara I just added to my vast collection. Cover Girl Volume Exact Waterproof mascara. I bought this because it doesn’t seem to have a lot of bells and whistles surrounding it.

The packaging is very plain and it was on the bottom row of the Cover Girl section. I haven’t heard much about it, yet what caught my eye was the word “professional” written

on the packaging.

I got it because sometimes the most understated, unheard of products end up being the best. I was right! I love this mascara.

It gives my lashes a very plush, thick look with only one coat. Usually I stress myself out when I put on mascara because I want to acheive a voluminous look but I end up applying it too thick and getting clumps.

Then I try to fix the clumps with the brush and I add more clumps. With the Volume Exact I haven’t gotten clumps yet, we’ll see what happens when this stuff gets old though.

I get great volume but no length whatsoever! I wish it could make my lashes appear long and voluminous at the same time! Because of this I sometimes use another mascara on ...

• Cover girl Volume Exact Waterproof mascara
      top of this one, solely for the length. This stuff is also waterproof but not particularly difficult to remove.

Not more so than most other waterproof mascaras. It doesn’t smear or bleed, I can cry and I get no black streaks on my face.

But one thing that does bother me is that when I look in the mirror in the late afternoon, I can see that

little flakes of the mascara have fallen off and onto my face. and when I try to sweep them away I get nice little black stripes on my face! I find this happens more when I pile on the mascara.

If I have a minimal amount of product on I don’t get this problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312208808340231/k2311a0822/8.22.09