Hertz car rentals  » Car rental  »
2.5
Tampa International airport
  • In my personnal experience, twice I have flown into Tampa international and rented from Hertz, with the expectation of renting a particular auto
  • Upon each arrival, I was greeted with the unhappy information that the car I thought I was getting had either just been rented or was otherwise not available

• by peatmoss

Hertz, the legendary rental agency of the 1960’s, is one of our current giants in the industry. Great adverstisements and a wealth of available automobiles give the searcher the feeling of endless opportunity.

Be careful of airport locations.

The Tampa international airport location has many cars, but maybe not the one you thought you were getting.

/> The website leads you to think you have a chance of getting a particular auto, while in reality, nothing you can do will secure a chance at driving your favorite auto for that vacation.

In my personnal experience, twice I have flown into Tampa international and rented from Hertz, with the expectation of renting a particular ...

• auto.

Upon each arrival, I was greeted with the unhappy information that the car I thought I was getting had either just been rented or was otherwise not available.

Of course, there was the option of waiting for it to become available or pay for my own way to another location where they supposedly had the

right one.

In addition, the particular auto is question was said to be available at the time of reservation.

Beware the nice pictures and advertisements viewed on the company website, of course the small print says nothing is gauranteed, even though they would like you to feel like you can look to them for just the right rental vehicle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 32208808300231/k2311a0822/8.22.09