Fairy Dust by Paris Hilton perfume  » Perfume  »
2.0
  • After catching a sample in a magazine of Fairy Dust by Paris Hilton, I must say I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the scent

• by Megs

I was in the market for a new “everyday” perfume. My most recent favorite everyday scent is Vera Wang’s Princess and I was in the mood to try something new. After catching a sample in a magazine of Fairy Dust by Paris Hilton, I must say I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the scent. It is a fresh floral scent that is very subtle. Not too overpowering, with a sweet smell. My in-laws purchased a bottle for me as a Christmas present. (Which I was thankful for

because I will admit I was a bit embarrassed to say I liked it!). I did look to find a 1.7 oz Parfum Spray retails for $45, which I would say is an average price I would spend on perfume. The gift box contained a watch, which I gave to my 4 year old niece. I am not sure who this perfume is marketed for, but by the packaging I would say from the ages of 12-15.

I am a fan of pretty perfume bottles so I can display them ...

• on my bedroom dresser. The box is a beautiful blue hue with stars sprinkled on it. Then I took the bottle out - which has a picture of a fairy on it. I wish it had the stars on it like the box does; it is a lot more classic looking. The fairy is a little childish. The bottle does have a cute diamond shaped cap and is a frosted glass, but I still can’t get over that stupid fairy.

The scent was very similar to

that in the magazine advertisement. It is a causal scent, for everyday wear. However, the BIG downside, it lasts for about an hour. This scent has NO lasting whatsoever. I have had my friends try it and they all had the same complaint!

Overall, it is a nice scent; however I would pass on the purchase, unless you want to carry the bottle around all day to reapply every hour. I am going back to Vera Wang’s Princess. If anyone wants a half-used bottle of Fairy Dust, let me know!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 562108808251231/k2311a0821/8.21.09