Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette Spray  » Perfume  »
  • I never shop for my favourite fragrances by brand
  • I will do my best to explain why I like this scent so much
  • I dislike heavy perfumes, and all my fragrance purchases over the years have been light and subtle
  • I had compliments on this fragrance on the first day I wore it, and my husband noticed it right away, which is shocking

• by Jessie Bahrey

I never shop for my favourite fragrances by brand; over the years, I have enjoyed many perfumes from designer brands as well as Body Shop products. Although I don’t like to spend a lot of money on any beauty product, I have occasionally sampled a fragrance that I just have to have. During my last trip to my local Sephora, I fell in love with Light Blue, by Dolce & Gabbana. It was one of several perfumes I sampled, and as soon as I smelled this one, I had to have it.

I find describing fragrances to be difficult, because adjectives like ‘fruity’ or ‘light’ don’t really help to make someone else understand, and besides, the sense of smell is very personal. Fragrances also smell different on different individuals. I will do my best to explain why I like this scent so much.

The first words I would use are clean and refreshing. I dislike heavy perfumes, and all my fragrance purchases over the years have been light and subtle. On the perfume stick, I caught a lemony scent, and also a light floral scent.

• After a few minutes on my skin, it also smelt slightly musky, but not heavy. I also can use the word fresh. I also really like the bottle of the eau de toilette spray that I purchase, (for $70 for a medium-sized bottle), which is clear with a turquoise blue top. This colour reminds me of the colour of the Adriatic Ocean, and again, gives me a refreshing feeling.

I had compliments on this fragrance on the first day I wore it, and my husband noticed it right away, which is shocking. It

lasts all day, but it does change after a couple of hours into a less fruity, muskier scent, which I like almost as much as the initial layer. I also can layer it over body lotion and it does not clash at all. I am very much impressed with Light Blue. It also has not caused any type of allergic reaction at all, even though at times I can have a slight reaction to some perfumes.

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue is a great scent, and I am very happy to have found it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 562108807981231/k2311a0821/8.21.09