VIA Rail  » Railway  »
  • I had a fantastic time, and would without a doubt recommend it to anyone who would like to see more of Canada and meet lots of interesting people
  • I was incredibly impressed with the quality of the food - I had expected dried-up old sandwiches, but instead was presented with pot roasts and excellent salmon
  • I liked that the portions were reasonable for the price you were paying, and that they even offered dessert for an additional cost
  • I would certainly recommend them to other travelers

• by karandash

I recently took the “Canadian” from Toronto to Vancouver, in order to see a little bit of the country. I had a fantastic time, and would without a doubt recommend it to anyone who would like to see more of Canada and meet lots of interesting people.

I liked that the food on board was reasonably priced and was tasty. I was incredibly impressed with the quality of the food - I had

expected dried-up old sandwiches, but instead was presented with pot roasts and excellent salmon. I liked that the portions were reasonable for the price you were paying, and that they even offered dessert for an additional cost.

I was also very impressed with the fact that we arrived ahead of schedule into Vancouver. I had been led to believe that the trains were constantly behind schedule, and had heard some absolute horror stories.

• Instead, I found that we kept to a decent schedule, and I liked that the car attendants were always willing to answer questions about the timetable. They were knowledgable and happy to help, and I was impressed that VIA supplied a number of French-speaking attendants.

Although I was traveling economy and therefore only had a seat, I felt lucky in that there was nobody sitting next to me, so I was able to

stretch out and relax a bit. Even if I had had to share the seating, I liked that the seats reclined incredibly far back (further than airline seatings) and that there was ample leg room and a footrest. It was very comfortable, which surprised me.

I found that VIA Rail went above and beyond my (admittedly low) expectations, and I found them professional and helpful at all times. I would certainly recommend them to other travelers!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 442108807681131/k2311a0821/8.21.09