Shrimp Croquettes recipe  » Recipes  »
  • If you’re having a hard time deciding what to serve on the table for dinner, or if everybody’s complaining how you serve the same foods on the table, then I think it is time for you to try making something new
  • I would always be proud to recommend this recipe because I made it, have served it over a dozen of times, and all I got from people are compliments
  • I must say you have to trust me on that one again coz I have tried doing that many times and it gives out the best results

• by patofgold23

If you’re having a hard time deciding what to serve on the table for dinner, or if everybody’s complaining how you serve the same foods on the table, then I think it is time for you to try making something new.

There are tons of recipes you can get from recipe books or internet, but most are so common, and have nothing new to offer. I am glad I am a cook myself and I can make so many things, which makes my kids complain less.

A very good suggestion to prepare for dinner is my own Shrimp Croquettes. I would always be proud to recommend this

recipe because I made it, have served it over a dozen of times, and all I got from people are compliments.

You have to prepare the following beforehand: 300 grams of fresh shrimps, 6 tablespoons of butter or margarine, 6 tablespoons of flour, half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of pepper, a cup of evaporated milk (any brand will do), a cup of water, 2 eggs (slightly beaten with ¼ cup of water - - - trust me on that one), and 1 ½ cups of bread crumbs.

You can now start making the Shrimp Croquettes. First, cook the shrimps then chop them finely. Set ...

• them aside after that. Make Béchamel Sauce; here’s how to do it: Melt butter or margarine in a skillet. When melted, blend in the flour and stir well. Add salt and pepper. Now, pour in milk and water gradually into the butter-flour mixture until all the liquid is absorbed. When sauce is smooth and thick, add the chopped shrimps. Put everything into an ungreased pan and let it cool in the refrigerator.

When it is cold enough to be handled, divide them into small portions. Shape each portion into smooth oblongs. Roll each piece into the flour, eggs, breads crumbs, eggs and bread crumbs again. I

must say you have to trust me on that one again coz I have tried doing that many times and it gives out the best results. Place them then in a strainer and lower into hot fat. Deep them fat fry, and serve them hot.

This recipe can serve up to 6 people. But what’s better is that you can easily make variations from this recipe. You can easily substitute the shrimps for cooked chopped chicken, or if anybody in the house is allergic to it, you can try a cup of chopped ham or a cup of grated cheese instead. A treat everybody will truly love!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492108807661131/k2311a0821/8.21.09