Celestial Seasonings Mint Magic Tea
  • I prefer teas that taste as close to wild spearmint as possible, since I grow a lot of it on my property and find that in summertime a fresh sprig in mint tea is absolute heaven
  • I've compared and contrasted, enjoyed and hated may kinds of mint teas over the years, and my conclusion is that for ease of finding it, Celestial Seasonings Mint Magic herbal tea is one of the best out there
  • I like the taste and I like what it does for my body
  • In my experience there's not a lot of taste in the chicory, cinnamon, and orange – but the orange citrus must help to balance out some of the spice
  • While those teas are good, and I bought a gross of boxes that keep me swimming in organic mint tea, I still return to my Celestial Seasonings Mint Magic as a truly comforting, truly tasty concoction

• by Jeffersonian

I am an avid tea drinker, in particular mint teas. I drink no less than one large mug every night before bed, and it’s a vital part of my everyday health regimen. But I’m picky about which mint teas taste best; I prefer teas that taste as close to wild spearmint as possible, since I grow a lot of it on my property and find that in summertime a fresh sprig in mint tea is absolute heaven.

I’ve compared and contrasted, enjoyed and hated may kinds of mint teas over the years, and my conclusion is that for ease of finding it, Celestial Seasonings Mint Magic herbal tea is one of the best out there.

BENEFITS OF MINT The reasons I drink mint tea are simple: I like the taste and I like what it does for my body. Mint has a lot of good properties. It can be an antibiotic, helping to fight the everyday germs we pick up. It can soothe the throat

and bronchial passages. It can even help an upset stomach. Of course for each person these benefits differ, so I’m not endorsing the benefits as much as the product itself. In MY experience, mint tea works.

MINT MAGIC TASTE Mint tea can be an acquired taste for people who don’t like peppermint or spearmint, or who aren’t used to it. It’s a strong tea, whether blended with black tea as some brands do, or completely herbal.

Celestial Seasonings Mint Magic tastes exactly like wild spearmint. Where other brands have failed to capture the taste of nature, Celestial Seasonings has succeeded. It really has an authentic taste that’s just like brewing a fresh infusion of the herb itself. It’s refreshing, soothing, aromatic, and delicious.

This isn’t the case with all mint teas. Some other brands taste stale or weak, or are made from a peppermint that’s so mild or old it doesn’t have any “bite” to it. Mint Magic is sealed well so the moment you open ...

• the bag (which seals back up again pretty nicely) it’s a burst of aroma and flavor.

CAFFEINE There is no caffeine in Mint Magic. It’s an herbal tea. And it’s all natural.

The other easily available brand that’s quite good is Bigelow’s Plantation Peppermint but it is mint in black tea, so it contains caffeine. For me that’s an impossibility, I can’t drink caffeine beverages.

INGREDIENTS Mint Magic is primarily a spearmint tea, but in full the ingredient list is: Spearmint, peppermint, roasted chicory, cinnamon and orange peel.

You can taste the spearmint and peppermint very well. In my experience there’s not a lot of taste in the chicory, cinnamon, and orange – but the orange citrus must help to balance out some of the spice. The cinnamon is probably what helps kick it up a bit, make it a spicy tea. It’s not hot as in spicy food, but it’s minty, so it has that distinctive mint heat. It warms your belly and makes you feel

relaxed!

WHERE TO BUY I find my Mint Magic in any grocery store that sells Celestial Seasonings, as well as a small farmer’s market. It’s very easy to locate in my area, and since it’s major grocery chains that carry it, I imagine it’s easy to locate anywhere.

TIPS FOR DRINKING - Leave the tea bag in indefinitely for a strong mint tea; sooner or later the flavor will reach its peak and stay there.

- Squeeze a little lemon into the mug with the tea bag before adding the hot water if you’d like additional citrus to spruce it up.

- Honey magic a delightful sweetener, but stay away from sugar and sugar substitutes as the effect can be bitter.

CONCLUSION Celestial Seasonings Mint Magic herbal tea absolutely stands up to the competition, including expensive organic mint teas which I’ve tried. While those teas are good, and I bought a gross of boxes that keep me swimming in organic mint tea, I still return to my Celestial Seasonings Mint Magic as a truly comforting, truly tasty concoction.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272108807651131/k2311a0821/8.21.09