Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara
  • I saw Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara when Oprah talked about it on her show so I decided I had to try it
  • The first thing I noticed when I bought it is its tube
  • I have not had any problem with either smearing or flaking with this product
  • While it is a good mascara, I don't think it is my holy grail
  • Nevertheless, I think that Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara is worth a try -- especially since the price is very reasonable and it is very available

• by deem

I am always on the hunt for a new and better mascara because instead of being blessed with long, thick eyelashes, it is my fate to have short, sparse lashes that are not getting better as I grow older. I saw Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara when Oprah talked about it on her show so I decided I had to try it. The first thing I noticed when I bought it is its tube. It comes in a large, chunky bright orange tube.

The word that comes to mind is garish so if elegant packaging is important to you, then this is not the product for you. If you apply this mascara, people will recognize the tube from across the room. On the other hand, you do not have

to worry about losing it in the bottom of your makeup bag; the chunky, bright orange tube stands out from the other products.

I have now tried it in both the regular and the waterproof varieties and I have been pleased with Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara. I find that it adds both length and thickness and does not clump too badly. Both the regular and the waterproof varieties provide the length and thickness, the only difference is the ease of removal.

With the regular, this mascara removes easily with water. The waterproof, on the other hand, requires eye makeup remover to be fully removed. I have not had any problem with either smearing or flaking with this product.

It stays on until I remove it at night.

• Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara is readily available at discount stores and drug stores and is very reasonably priced. In addition, you can often find it on sale or even Buy One, Get One Free so the price is right.

Nevertheless, though I have purchased this mascara a couple of times now, I don’t know whether I will continue to purchase it — or at least I will not go out of my way to do so. While it is a good mascara, I don’t think it is my “holy grail”. The lengthening and thickening has been good, but not great.

Also, the wand is rather chunky (like the tube) and the brush is kind of thick. As a result I find it to be rather difficult to maneuver

while I am applying this mascara, especially on the small corner bottom lashes. This is where I sometimes find myself either getting impatient and giving up on the corner lower lashes or struggling to reach them and causing smears during the application process.

If I found it for a good price and was in need of mascara, then I would probably repurchase this product. However, my quest for the perfect mascara has not stopped with Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara, instead I continue to hunt. Nevertheless, I think that Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara is worth a try — especially since the price is very reasonable and it is very available.

So, if you are looking for a new mascara, I urge you to give Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara a try.

Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312108807201131/k2311a0821/8.21.09