Blue Bunny Raspberry Vanilla Aspen Frozen Yogurt Granola Bars  » Food  »
1.5
  • I know that the yogurt is low-fat and I know that low-fat foods generally have a reduced taste, but I know that low-fat foods can still taste good

• by GenesisOne

Blue Bunny Raspberry Vanilla Aspen Frozen Yogurt Granola Bars did not taste quite as good as I had hoped that they would. Unlike the strawberry variety, which offers a relatively decent strawberry flavor, this raspberry flavor really lacks a good strawberry flavor that I could appreciate and enjoy.

Although I could taste the raspberry, I

simply could not taste enough of it for me to be satisfied with.

I know that the yogurt is low-fat and I know that low-fat foods generally have a reduced taste, but I know that low-fat foods can still taste good.

It is possible, as the strawberry varieties proves.

However, for whatever reason, the raspberry ...

• used here simply lacks any real flavor.

The raspberry fruit layer that rests above the yogurt is a little richer in flavor, at least.

The vanilla frosted coating helps boost the flavor of this frozen treat a little more.

On top of the vanilla coating is a graham crumb topping, which does not add much

in flavor, but in terms of texture, it is nice.

All in all, I will not be purchasing these bars again because the raspberry flavor is simply not strong enough to satisfy my taste buds.

I will stick with the strawberry variety as even though that treat is low-fat too, at least it has a moderately enjoyable flavor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272008807090131/k2311a0820/8.20.09