Swiss Chalet Rotisserie and Grill, New Minas  » Restaurants  »
2.5
9275 Commercial Street, New Minas, NS, Canada
  • I like chicken, so I do not mind coming here for a chicken Caesar wrap every now and then
  • I usually opt for the chicken wraps, but you can definitely find something else
  • She only seems to be working at lunch, so you can avoid her and her attitude if you go later in the day for supper

• by C Mac

We do not come here often, as my husband is not happy with the menu they offer so he gets the same meal every single time. I like chicken, so I do not mind coming here for a chicken Caesar wrap every now and then. The location is good, it is just across the street from the mall in New Minas.

The parking lot is not huge, but you should be able to find a spot in their parking lot, or the one right next door, so regardless, the walk should

not be very long. Inside is not very bright, but there are a number of windows, so you will only notice the darkness if you end up in the front corner, which is the area we always seem to get seated in.

The tables are clean, and the restaurant is not extremely roomy, but you do not feel as cramped as you may in other restaurants. The menu is not large, but you can find nearly any chicken meal you could want.

I usually opt for the chicken wraps, but you ...

• can definitely find something else. Sometimes we go for the lunch buffett, which consists of soup, bread and salad.

They also have a really good chocolate cake that we love. Prices are reasonable, and are comparable to the other local restaurants.

The staff leaves much to be desired. We would go for the all-you-can-eat lunch more often, but the waitress we always seem to get is not friendly at all and is anything but professional.

It is enough to turn us off to the point where if we think about going

for lunch, we’ll think of her and say maybe not. She only seems to be working at lunch, so you can avoid her and her attitude if you go later in the day for supper.

The rest of the staff is hit or miss. Some are friendly, some are not, and it really impacts on your meal if you get one of the cranky waitresses.

Decent prices, lots of chicken options, great dessert and good location. I’d head here if you are not concerned with the service you are going to get.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72008806911231/k2311a0820/8.20.09