Diorshow Mascara
  • With it being voted one of Sephora's favorites and displayed as so, along with all the other ones they say are the best, it is kind of difficult not to pass up
  • I have heard amazing things about Diorshow mascara
  • Pricey, I know, but I am willing to spend any amount in order to find the most top of the line product ever created
  • I have a problem with my lashes, they seem to bend in all different directions, rather than in one uniform swoop
  • Otherwise, I don't think I'll be buying it again

• by Nicolina

So if you love makeup, you have probably heard of Diorshow mascara. With it being voted one of Sephora’s favorites and displayed as so, along with all the other ones they say are the best, it is kind of difficult not to pass up.

I have heard amazing things about Diorshow mascara. I have read reviews and articles about this product, and have also talked to people who have used it, and no one seems to have anything bad to say about it. It seems to be treated similarly to a magic wand, transforming everyone’s lashes into movie star lashes. Hence the term “backstage makeup.”

Well I had to try this for myself and see what the fuss is about. I bought mine from Sephora for 24$. Pricey, I know, but I am willing to spend any amount

in order to find the most top of the line product ever created. In the end it will save me money, because I will be able to stop spending money trying to find the perfect one!

So, my first time using it; when I pulled out the wand it was gigantic, almost scary to even bring near to my eye. The bristles are very large but at least there is a taper at the tip that makes it easier for the corners. The consistancy is not very thick; you can’t see any clumps on the bristles at all. When I put it on the first time, I had to do it VERY carefully because of the fear of poking myself in the eye. I managed to get it on my lashes, and it came out very nice!

• But in my excitement, I managed to get some product on my face, underneath my eyes. This brush is difficult to work with.

I have a problem with my lashes, they seem to bend in all different directions, rather than in one uniform swoop. Even when I curl them, some lashes still end up staying stick straight while the others stay curled. It’s like some of them just refuse to stay curled!

But when I use the Diorshow Mascara, it makes all my lashes stay in one big uniform curl. They also come out extremley long, and it seems like I have more eyelashes, they are all separated and defined. This product gives length that no other mascara does. It cannot even be compared to the drugstore brand mascaras, even though some of them are very good. However,

I am still not completley satisfied because it doesn’t do much for volume. Diorshow doesn’t seem to add any thickness to the lashes, only length and definition. Also, my Diorshow Mascara dried out very quickly. After one month of use it wasn’t the same anymore. Hardly any product would come onto the brush and when applying it, I would get little flakes all over my cheeks. And when I would sweep them away, I would get nice little smears all over! Not very fun.

Diorshow Mascara would definatley be worth 24$ if it lasted for more than one month and didn’t make me look like a football player. Otherwise, I don’t think I’ll be buying it again. To anyone interested in this product but with a low budget: try Maybelline Lash Stiletto, it gives a similar effect.

Diorshow Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312008806581231/k2311a0820/8.20.09