Betadine (Povidone Iodine) Oral Antiseptic Solution
  • That is when I found- Betadine (Povidone Iodine), an oral antiseptic intentionally made to treat sore throat and mouth ulcer
  • I thought it might stain my teeth and gums
  • I bought a 120mL bottle for PhP 65.00 and used it as indicated
  • I love its refreshing effect and subtle mint flavor
  • The solution is mild, effective and not that expensive so I really recommend it

• by ToM MaRvoLo RiddLe

I had a mouth ulcer last week just behind my tongue and it really gave me a hard time eating, drinking and speaking at the same time. I flipped through every page of my drug handbook to look for a better cure. That is when I found- Betadine (Povidone Iodine), an oral antiseptic intentionally made to treat sore throat and mouth ulcer. I was surprised that the solution has its oral antiseptic version. I usually use Betadine solution to treat cuts and wounds. Just the same, this variant contains

a safe but potent dose of Povidone Iodine, a form of iodine known to be effective as a germicide. It is also indicated as a breath freshener and a prophylaxis after a tooth extraction.

I immediately went to the nearest drug store and asked for one. At first, I was skeptical in using the product because of its dark red color. I thought it might stain my teeth and gums. In addition to that, it has a contraindication for people ...

• who have hyperthyroidism. I have a diffuse non-toxic goiter and I got worried it might affect me. However, after reading the label I got the security that I will not be harmed in any way.

I bought a 120mL bottle for PhP 65.00 and used it as indicated. I gargle 20mL at least twice to trice daily after brushing my teeth. I love its refreshing effect and subtle mint flavor. It gives me that soothing, clean and relaxed feeling.

I prefer it undiluted because it is more effective that way. Furthermore, it does not contain any alcohol, so your mouth sores will not get irritated. After using it for three days, I noticed that the pain has eased a bit. A week after, my mouth sore has completely healed. From now on, I need not to worry whenever I have mouth sores because Betadine (Povidone Iodine) oral antiseptic is always there to treat it. The solution is mild, effective and not that expensive so I really recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342008806381231/k2311a0820/8.20.09